LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

latest project

+8
LENY
siobhanellis
Innocenti-71
Admin
Staffy (Gareth)
Snails
littlemoon
daz.h
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

latest project Empty latest project

Post  daz.h Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 pm

well, this project has been several years in the pipeline, due to the sourceing of parts, other projects, family commitments, oh and work.
its my take on what i think might have happened to the luna line had the innocenti factory continued for a while longer.
as i'm sure most are aware that towards the last of the gp200 run they introduced a electronic set up, along with a special seat for the uk models.
also the gp's and the lunas that were shipped out to australia were fitted with indicators, some of these models stayed in this country.

so i intend to build a electronic vega, along with a similar seat to the gp200 electronic and then fit other parts that i think would have eventually got fitted as standard, these been a lesheild tool box and front dampers on the forks.

i had a old motor and was lucky enough to be given a old frame by pete davies (luna chairman) only to find that there were only about 56 numbers away from each other Shocked
the frame needed a new rear strut and other little bits of welding here and there and it was the frame with the clamp on steering lock, just my luck Evil or Very Mad i had three bolt on ones and could i find a clamp on one...... no, well not for several months, got a key cut by jem, and its all waiting to be fitted to the frame once its painted.
so here are a few pics to be going on with.
daz
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

latest project Empty Re: latest project

Post  daz.h Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:16 pm

hope you like it so far.
latest project 05012010077
latest project DSCF0292123 not sure if you can see, but these were new unused legsheilds and had the tooling marks where the old type badges had been previously fitted.
latest project DSCF02981223 the old seat after stripping.
latest project Electronictypeseat123 new seat cover and foam in electronic style.
latest project Strutmountedready
latest project Toolboxclosed123
latest project Toolboxside123
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

latest project Empty bread bin

Post  littlemoon Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:41 pm

very nice. i like the bread bin Cool whats it off ?. oh and the seat Cool. with the indicators where does the flasher unit live and does it have a different bulb holder/connector block?. cheers simon
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:02 pm

bread bin was from asda Very Happy a friend of a mate who is a fabricator made it up for me.
the original flasher relay i belive is situated in the headset of all places, and you thought it was already a tight squeeze.
with going to 12 volt i'm tempted to use a vepa one i have spare and locate it in a better space.
as for the connector block i'm unsure, i have a indicator diagram somewhere so will have to check it out.
making a loom will be fun...........NOT Mad
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:43 am

Love the glove box Daz, and the seat. Bet you would of have lots of takers (by luna standards) if you could get either remade in numbers. Especially the glove box as who does not need better luggage carrying ability on their luna?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:26 am

well, quite a bit more has happened since my last post, i have now finally got a indicator switch cheers and a big thanks to staffy who informed me of it Smile

also i cant fail to mention littlemoon who has done a fantastic job making up a metal toolbox to go under the petrol tank and also fabricated and fitted frame strengtheners where the frame had been cut. and also modified my rear mudguard with a extra clip for me Like a Star @ heaven

hiswork can be seen here.
https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com/tuning-conversions-f7/j125-tzr-150-reed-valve-t20.htm

the frame and associated parts are now all filled and in primer and was given a guide coat just after these pics were taken, fingers crossed i should be getting some painted parts back shortly, from carl a mate who paints my scooters, when it comes to been fussy and a perfectionist, he's it. Twisted Evil

latest project DSCF0944
latest project DSCF0945
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:13 am

daz.h wrote:well, quite a bit more has happened since my last post, i have now finally got a indicator switch cheers and a big thanks to staffy who informed me of it Smile

also i cant fail to mention littlemoon who has done a fantastic job making up a metal toolbox to go under the petrol tank and also fabricated and fitted frame strengtheners where the frame had been cut. and also modified my rear mudguard with a extra clip for me Like a Star @ heaven

hiswork can be seen here.
https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com/tuning-conversions-f7/j125-tzr-150-reed-valve-t20.htm

the frame and associated parts are now all filled and in primer and was given a guide coat just after these pics were taken, fingers crossed i should be getting some painted parts back shortly, from carl a mate who paints my scooters, when it comes to been fussy and a perfectionist, he's it. Twisted Evil

latest project DSCF0944
latest project DSCF0945

looking good daz, what colour is going to be ?. have you made any progress with the indicator wiring conundrum. i have made a bit of progress myself, today.
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:47 pm

looking very interesting this one, can't wait to see the indicators fitted and to hear how the electrics get on. Might have something interesting for you so check your PM Cool
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:28 am

simon colour will be yellow ochre, reason been is that i have a load left over from when i got my gp painted.
as for the wiring set up i have bought from kempys a 2 pin flasher relay, and they gave me a colour copy of a 12 volt electronic, with indicators and no battery set up, wiring diagram, so i will follow that......... somehow Mad
i have therefore removed the junction box from the lid top you made and had the two holes welded up, i have had to remove some of the spine you grafted on as the flasher relay is at a awkward angle and only sits in on the very middle and needs to be bolted in, and the spine was in the way.
i will be off to auto jumble in november to get my miles and miles of wire What a Face

staffy thanks for the pm mate Smile
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

latest project Empty Project

Post  Admin Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:46 am

Daz - looking good mate, glad you could put that old frame of mine to some use Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:15 pm

guide coat on, now to flat it all down Sad
latest project DSCF0946
latest project DSCF0948
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:35 pm

wet flat now completed, now ready for some colour Very Happy
latest project DSCF0957

crank is in the motor, along with new jap rod from chiselspeed.
latest project Japrodvegacrank

casing has been fitted with stainless studs around the side casing, chain guides and the magneto plate wiring plate, the small screws in the mag plate are notorious for seizeing in and snapping Evil or Very Mad
latest project Casingwithstuds
latest project Casingwithstuds2

finally, the piston, a 50mm malossi job from taffspeed, the carb has been bored out to just short of 22mm by ian frankland and he was also responsible for the tuning of the cylinder, should be a little quicker than standard, i think cc wise it will be around 85, i'm sure someone will have the correct method of calculating it.
latest project 50mmpiston21mmcarb
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:52 pm

well, got more done over the last few days, some head scratching moments and plenty of cursing Mad
up rated clutch springs, lots shorter than vega length, and too wide to sit correctly into the spider recess. latest project Clutchsprings

plenty of messing round trying to get squish correct, ended up at 1.2mm with no gaskets Neutral hopefully wont be a problem as head is doweled in 2 places and will be using a 2mm packr plate.
latest project 2mmpackerplate
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 pm

ports matched up, exhaust gasket was way too small as was inlet, both now match.
latest project Gasketopenedout
cylinder top with dowels.
latest project Pistontdcdowels
piston at botom dead centre, exhaust and transfers open
latest project Pistonbdc
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm

put flywheel on and tried on plastic flywheel cowl which was rubbing, had to sand this down as did not want it to melt or cause more head scratching scratch
latest project Flycowlscraping
set up to check for top dead centre.
latest project Tdctool
top dead centre now achived, arrow for tdc is now at the bottom of casing due to using electronic flywheel.
latest project Tdc
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

latest project Empty houston..............we have ignition

Post  daz.h Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:49 pm

timing set at 1.83mm before tdc, sorry about poor picture, this is the best of several i took.
the orange/red glow is the timing light flash, this at 2800 rpm, via drill and 17mm socket Laughing
latest project Firingpoint
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:11 pm

very good that daz. the top end is mint, i want one Cool Cool . what exhaust are you using ?. are you using the later type head like the one you sold me ? ( plug comes out at the flywheel side). what size back tyre are you using. i cant wait to see it in action. keep up the good work Cool
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:20 pm

remade tingtong exhaust, but fits great and looks wise only the anoracks will note the difference, and that would be from up close Shocked
cylinder head is standard side, but obviously skimed and drilled for the dowells. btw have you modified a head cowl yet to suit the off set head? there is a tool that can reshape the spark plug hole.
tyre wise i reacon it will be standard 300x10, hopefully santa will be bringing a couple, if he can get them down the chimney Laughing
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 am

Got any pics of the exhaust at all Daz
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:30 pm

daz.h wrote:remade tingtong exhaust, but fits great and looks wise only the anoracks will note the difference, and that would be from up close Shocked
cylinder head is standard side, but obviously skimed and drilled for the dowells. btw have you modified a head cowl yet to suit the off set head? there is a tool that can reshape the spark plug hole.
tyre wise i reacon it will be standard 300x10, hopefully santa will be bringing a couple, if he can get them down the chimney Laughing

i have not got round to using the head yet but it wont be long as my lui is ready for a rebore and new piston (vega75 motor). have you had it running yet
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:19 pm

not had it running yet, still carb to put together, side casing to put together, head cowl to paint, turns over fine though.
a nice little engine frame would be a handy project for your students Wink
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:09 pm

bench mounted or floor standing Question
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Innocenti-71 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:38 am

@ Daz: Could you please help me with your picture:
latest project DSCF0948

On the right (rear) mudguards there are 2 clips:
- the left one is for the oil pipe of the Cometa oil tank
- the right one...I didn't spot before! Is it missing on my one? Or did you add it for wiring?

THANKS!
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

http://www.lambretta-club-deutschland.de

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 am

littlemoon wrote:bench mounted or floor standing Question
floor standing would be good, it could be kick started then Very Happy
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:55 am

Innocenti-71 wrote:@ Daz: Could you please help me with your picture:
latest project DSCF0948

On the right (rear) mudguards there are 2 clips:
- the left one is for the oil pipe of the Cometa oil tank
- the right one...I didn't spot before! Is it missing on my one? Or did you add it for wiring?

THANKS!
it was expertly added on by littlemoon, and yes its to keep loom tidy.

looking at it though, if i need to remove the stator at any stage i will have to strip half of the vega down to do so, so i will probably utilise the junction box, so engine etc ann be removed easier, but wires will still pass through the clip.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next