LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12v horn ?

2 posters

Go down

12v horn ? Empty 12v horn ?

Post  littlemoon Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 am

as i am going 12v will the origional horn work ? is it ac or dc ?, will need to know before i put on the frame cover.

also fitted a rev counter and cht gauge today. will take a pic when frame cover is back on as the rev counter is attatched to it.
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

12v horn ? Empty Re: 12v horn ?

Post  Thackers Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 pm

From memory the original horn works with a 12v conversion (it does on mine anyway, i did the conversion well after the re-build)
I'd be interested in the rev counter or heat gauge if you'd like to tell how you did it, i need something to fill in the holes in the top of my LD legshield tool box
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:36 pm

will put a 12v dc supply to the horn tomorow to see if it works, not a big problem if it dont work.

i have a koso rev counter/temp gauge/clock, (was going to use on my series 1 but looks too modern) very modern looking glows blue when switched on, picks up the pulse for the rev counter by wrapping a wire around the ht lead and the temp gauge from under the plug. the only snag is, if i use the varitronic ignition it will pick up 2 pulses and double the display reading (gauge can set to 0-10k, 0-15k or 0-20k) . or i could go px/af conversion with an agusto/m-tech . the only snag here would be hidding the cdi, as for the reg i could use the one supplied with a varitronic kit or a bgm as they are nice and small. i have all parts for either conversion, just cant make my mind up which way to go Rolling Eyes

Thackers wrote:From memory the original horn works with a 12v conversion (it does on mine anyway, i did the conversion well after the re-build)
I'd be interested in the rev counter or heat gauge if you'd like to tell how you did it, i need something to fill in the holes in the top of my LD legshield tool box
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down