LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You reed valve conv guys

+2
trotsky
littlemoon
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You reed valve conv guys Empty You reed valve conv guys

Post  Thackers Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm looking into buying a reed block and wondered what you guys went with? I'm looking along the lines of one of these
http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2526&userCurrency=UK

http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2526&userCurrency=UK
I would appreciate your input as to which one you think would be best Wink
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

You reed valve conv guys Empty Re: You reed valve conv guys

Post  Thackers Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm

Just realised there the same Embarassed it should be
this one http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2526
or this one
http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2501

i'd still like the advice
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:17 pm

why not an lth or jimmers ?
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:26 am

Thackers,Littlemoon & Snails here you go fellas, been playing & fettling. Hope these pix help. The future is Scootrs Mini Atomic Reed Valve Wink
No Fin cutting & no packer needed between inlet & Reed Valve, just drilled out holes to 8mm & elongated the back hole slightly.
Manifold mouth is real small, so plenty of scope for matching to inlet, i'm just mocking now so i'll post some more pix later ....

You reed valve conv guys 100_0349You reed valve conv guys 100_0352You reed valve conv guys 100_0370You reed valve conv guys 100_0354You reed valve conv guys 100_0361You reed valve conv guys 100_0372
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Good work, i was holding back on ordering as i've heard the smaller ones dont fit a delorto carb, which is obviously wrong. What size carb is that as a matter of interest?
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi Thackers, 26 PHBH no issues.. Heres a couple pix with carb in situ. Used TS exhaust gaskets as packers to get measurement so i can get a spacer made so the carb doesn't foul on the Sideplate...

You reed valve conv guys 100_0381You reed valve conv guys 100_0376You reed valve conv guys 100_0390
You reed valve conv guys 100_0388You reed valve conv guys 100_0383
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 am

is that on a 125 barrel or a 75 ?
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi Simon, 2 Starstream barrels with 125 Cowlings. Gary has a spare 75 barrel that i can try it on for you, but not until after Scarboro?...Cheers Steve
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 am

i have an early lth on a 75 barrel, crank and new rod have been done at long last . wisco single ring piston and a bit of tuning on the cylinder and a re try of the allspeed pipe that i tried for a couple of miles before completely recking the motor. there is talk of it getting into double figures in hp on the rolling road Laughing
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Now that would be impressive. drunken
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 pm

1.9 bhp Laughing
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Razz PMSL....
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

nice work .i have been out on mine for a couple of blasts.with more power they are a fantastic little scooter.big grin factor.you cant half tell mine is piston ported though.love it. making a mess of my chain case though.modern fuel.talking of. double figures i think mine might be up there.i think it may keep up with a ts1 for a bit Shocked Surprised Very Happy .also with cut down bars and slope back seat feels factory built.love love it
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

You reed valve conv guys Empty Vega 140 reed valve

Post  tonyicon Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:10 am

Hi guys, interesting thread! Working on my Vega for Lammie Drive 2. I have just got my 140 conversion back from Chiselspeed. (Vega case, LTH reed, Starstream barrel and internals, Variotronic) They have done a nice job. It dyno'd at 8.39 with a standard exhaust and 26mm Mikuni. It's been set up to run on crap Aussie fuel.
I do have 2 concerns though. The carb is very close to the case, which interferes with the gear and clutch cable runs. There is an angled adaptor joining the LTH reed block to the carb which points the carb out and forwards. (I'll take some pics later) Also the carb is in the way of the kickstart pedal when that is in its 'normal' position. Anyone else had these issues? Would the Atomic reed block address them at all? Any comments would be appreciated!
Frank Sanderson has made me some awesome forks with anti-dive disk so I can use SIP alloy 350 x 10's. Rear uses a Sunny 4-bolt hub so I can use them there too and everything lines up!

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 am

Hi Tony, i was speaking to Frank about your front wheel at Blackpool funny enough. My barrel is at Scottys at the moment having some more tuning & more holes put in it so i'll let you know when it's back about kick-start issues. I'm having a spacer made to help the carb clear the Crankcase & again i'll let you know the outcome, but i don't envisage any issues. If you could bang on some pix of the Carb set-up, it would help. ( & of that lovely front wheel ) Wink
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

You reed valve conv guys Empty Posting pics

Post  tonyicon Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 am

OK it would seem that it's not just building bikes where I am technically challenged. Can someone point me to how to post pics in the thread?

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyicon Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Here's one I made earlier. Vega anti-dive disk forks under construction at Lambretta Innovations. More to follow tomorrow. Thanks for the help Steve!

You reed valve conv guys Vega_side_wip
upload foto

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Now that is looking sweet mate Cool ....Steve
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:53 pm

looks cool.love the alloys.cant help about your cable problem but the kick start will need to be lowered mine is ok in its normal position at mo.but when i put my airfilter on i am going to have to lower it.you have good hp with standard pipe.enjoy your ride
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyicon Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks, Nige! You say 'good HP with standard pipe' - do you have a recommendation for anything else that's available?

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 am

i have the chiselspeed conversion with the chiselspeed ads expansion pipe.thats the way to go i think .i will be taking mine back to be set up properly on chisels dyno i think it is set up quite good at the mo .it ay may be 10hp plus
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

You reed valve conv guys Empty Vega 140

Post  tonyicon Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:28 am

Martin showed me one of those when I went to pick up the engine. My only concern is how physically big it is. Also he thought that for the Australia trip the standard box would give the most reliability with not much less power. Current power is almost the same as a standard SX150 on a much lighter bike (which was the whole reason for the choice of the Vega as a base bike). He's tuned it for low octane petrol. I may get one after the event and try it out. I've got to get at least 6500km out of the engine with no major problems, there will be a problem with spares if I have anything major. (I have spare reeds, piston, wheels but that's about it other than the normal consumables)

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 am

your hp figures will be at the wheel which is more than a sx 150 .have you ridden it yet.if not have a go .we need more engine spares.
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyicon Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:09 am

No, its a long way from being rideable yet!

I have to do the wiring and fit cables, tank and seat (after doing the seat recover). I also have to paint the headset and handlebars and assemble them and make a bracket to extend the exhaust mountings. And refinish the exhaust and heat shields.

Actually said like that it doesn't sound much! What could possibly go wrong? :-)

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 am

good look tony.when you ride it you will be suprised how quick it will be.big big grin and the amount of people who gawp at you .i have got a modified standard exhaust.i have no idea what the performance is like from it as it was already done when i got scooter many years ago modified bracket.you are very welcome to borrow it and try it and use it on your long treck
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next