LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75

4 posters

Go down

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Empty Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 am

Well it’s been a long time coming but finally it’s nearing completion.

I have been looking to get this back on the road in some shape or form for the last 18 months but as ever there’s always something that gets in the way. With that said then it’s given me time to scour the world for as many NOS or used original replacement bits as I can.

I have been lucky enough to get hold of pretty much everything I have been after with the exception of some used foot-peg accessories that im still after so not bad all in all.

I managed to find it in great condition for an absolute steal a couple of years ago and the bonus was that it had most of the correct original parts with it including some of the parts that just don’t ever surface anymore, like the air box, filters, headlight unit and exhaust etc. Although it was a bit scratched in places, the beauty is that its original paint so massive bonus.

I toyed with the idea of totally stripping it down and getting Stuart Owen to work his magic on it as he did with my Silver Special a little while ago, but in the end as it was just so original that Stu talked my into keeping it and preserving it as it was (glad he did as its come out lovely and is only ever original once).

Jump forward another 18 months and Stu started to strip it down a few weeks ago, he opened up the engine to find it filthy as it had been stood for years and oil seals had perished etc meaning it was a state

However once it had been stripped and cleaned in the oil bath, it was clear that this had done it a favour as everything was pretty much pristine with the exception of a sign of a score on the barrel, it even had its original Innocenti clutch plates in place and in great condition.

The engine was put back together and the body work simply cleaned and t-cut back. The NOS and original parts were refitted apart from new cables, new seat cover, a couple of the rubbers and a new set of tyres and it was ready to go. The finishing touch was managing to get hold of a NOS Vigano inline Spare wheel holder accessory from Dean at Rimini, this is rare as hens teeth as due to it being the last production scooters out of the factory meant that accessories for the Vega unlike all the other models were never really developed.

All in all im chuffed to bits with how its turned out as it’s a testament to the last efforts of the Innocenti factory and what could have been, the end of an era.

I need to thank Stu Owen for his efforts and top class expertise as ever (is there any model of Lambretta that he doesn’t know about and he can’t bring back to life), Daz-H, Dean Orton at Rimini and Jem Booth for some of the finishing touches.

NOS Vigano Inline Spare Wheel Holder:

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture001-8-2

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture-1-1

Nearly There With Rack In Place:

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 4-3-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 1-4-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 3-4-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture005-5-1

All Done:

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Sp4-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Sp1-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Sp2-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Sp3-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Sp5-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 6-2

Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Empty Re: Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75

Post  Snails Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Very nice Staffy.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Empty Re: Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75

Post  daz.h Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm

very nice, first vega i built was venus green, thats a credit to you staffy.

i tried a while back to convince mark broadhurst to remake his 135cc kits but in alloy / nicasil just laughed and said no call for them, not even interested in tuning a vega cylinder, shame on him !

its a pity tino has not produced a 125 alloy kit for the j range to give it more oomph, we could then use them, perhaps someone from here who knows him well could drop a BIG hint Wink
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:54 pm

That's a beauty, i'm loving that colour green. This year has seen some top vega's restored and that ones right up there. Well done cheers cheers cheers
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:03 am

Managed to get hold of an original set of "Footpeg Accessories" at the early part of this week so got them fitted yesterday to keep the Vigano inline spare wheel holder company. Went out for a spin of about 20 miles yesterday to give it a good sustained run and felt pretty good most of the time.

Just the cable guides to find and all done, hope you like them Very Happy .

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture004-7-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture008-2-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture007-3-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture006-3-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture005-6-1

Back To Life - Gareth's Original Vega 75 Picture009-3-1

Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:00 am

very nice staffy, its a credit to the hard work and effort you have put into it.
daz
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down