LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Vega seat?

4 posters

Go down

Original Vega seat? Empty Original Vega seat?

Post  storkfoot Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:28 am

Please excuse my ignorance but is this an original Vega seat?

Original Vega seat? Comvega11

I'm asking as I want to know whether it's worth lavishing a bit of love and attention on. The hinge is badly seized at the front and the tin worm has got to the sides.

Thanks.
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Original Vega seat? Empty Re: Original Vega seat?

Post  Scooter Paul Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:13 am

Yes, looks original. Remade copies are available so depends wether you can repair it yourself or will you have to pay someone to do it. If you decide to buy a replica seat then don't chuck it as it could be useful to someone else for bits or conversion into a race seat.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  storkfoot Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll get it sorted then in the months ahead. It'll need some new tin welding in though around the edges.
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 am

Scooter Paul wrote:Yes, looks original. Remade copies are available so depends wether you can repair it yourself or will you have to pay someone to do it. If you decide to buy a replica seat then don't chuck it as it could be useful to someone else for bits or conversion into a race seat.

Where are remade ones available from Paul?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:30 am

Casa Lambretta. With the good exchange rate and their normally good pricing, I'd get it from Rimini Lambretta.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 am

Are you sure? I've seen covers, never remade seats. Unless that's what you mean.

I dont actually want one, I want a seat base so I can get a race seat but not been able to find a suitable starting point
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 am

You may be right. They've got Lui single seats complete. They have covers and foam for both. Well worth e mailing them as they have tons of stuff and it can't all be on their site. Scootopia are also worth a punt as they have a lot of Vega bits. Have you ever been to their showroom. More Lunas in one place would be hard to beat.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

I've seen the pictures - amazing! To be honest its fairly low priority as I have other fish I wish to fry more.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbilly Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Both types of seat are remade by Casa, just bought a complete one from scootopia as a temporary replacement for the horrendous yellow "custom" seat, that came with mine, while having the original seat remade.
Quality is very good, but the bloke who rivets the lambretta badge on the back of the casa seats needs a level, I bought a GP electronic seat from them a few years back and the badge on that was pissed as well!!!

bigbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:14 am

The horrendous custom one. What are you doing with it. Is it made using an original base. I'm after something I can use to create a race seat from.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:15 am

Or is that what you are having restored
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbilly Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Snails wrote:The horrendous custom one. What are you doing with it. Is it made using an original base. I'm after something I can use to create a race seat from.

The intention was to use it as the base for my new seat, but I've got something coming from Gary Simpson who makes custom seat and seat frames (dealer section on scooterotica) he made it for his own lui restoration, until I get it I'm not sure how it fixes, or wether I need my old base to attach it to.

If it's not needed I will be getting rid off so can let you know

bigbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbilly Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Just sent the photos he sent me from phone to ipad, and even though the one picture of frame is very blurry it looks to be a complete custom base, I can just make out the two bolt holes, so looks like I won't be needing old base will confirm as soon as arrives - my base is in good working but has a small plate welded on the back of base frame, that lighting regulator bolts to, it can be taken off or left on there

bigbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:32 pm

That sounds promising. I'm in no rush so happy to wait until you have your custom made one and you are sure. Drop me a PM afterwards if you still want to let it go. Some pictures would be good if you could Smile
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  storkfoot Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Original Vega seat? Vegastuff12

Saved from the skip ( as long as it survives being blasted pre powder coating) Surprised
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down