LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forks & Bearings

2 posters

Go down

Forks & Bearings Empty Forks & Bearings

Post  trotsky Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 am

Hi all, i have offered my forks into my frame but have noticed that the fork stem can move about quite a bit in the top of the frame. When i screw up the races, i can get the forks to tighten in different positions, causing it to have a certain amount of "Rake"? If i sit it in a central position then the left & right fork stops are fine, but i have to tighten up the forks quite a lot, making them feel "grindy"?. When i put my wheel in, the weight causes the forks to "tip forward" & are not then central at the top. If they don't sit centrally then the right fork stop doesn't seem to work causing the forks to touch the Leggies on full right lock. They are eating my bottom bearings in the cage, but i will be loose loading the bottom bearings anyway. The Frame races seem fine so wonder if this is just a normal occurance, as i say i have to tighten them quite a lot? Any comments welcome....Cheers Steve
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Forks & Bearings Empty Re: Forks & Bearings

Post  storkfoot Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:08 am

Did you ever get to the bottom of this, Steve?

I ask as I have just noticed that my forks have come a bit loose and I have only done 30 or 40 miles since I built it. The races were new too.
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down