LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENGINE UPGRADES FOR A COMETA???

4 posters

Go down

ENGINE UPGRADES FOR A COMETA??? Empty ENGINE UPGRADES FOR A COMETA???

Post  disco Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi
Now my cometa is apart and on its way to the painters, its time to look at the engine.
I want to make it more useable on todays roads so what bolt on kit would be worth getting, and what other engine upgrades are recommend??
Oh and i want to try and keep it looking as standard as possible ( use the standard exhaust )
Thanks
Daz

disco

Back to top Go down

ENGINE UPGRADES FOR A COMETA??? Empty Re: ENGINE UPGRADES FOR A COMETA???

Post  itsjoeyfontane Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 pm

...quick work..
recomend casa/parma alloy 80cc kit,lunatronic,airbox modification, strong short clutch springs...
armandos sheffield have parts rod kits etc...also 'wado' dj scooters shirebrook had jap rod kit...
buy 60's lambretta tuning manual if you follow there vega tuning you'll get 25% extra power...
keep us posted with rebuild.. Wink
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 pm

disco, are you aware the cometa and vega cylinders are different?
the cometa cylinder is drilled for the oil feed, you could do away with the pump and drive , but seems hassle to me.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:27 pm

You could do the classic super starstream conversion which is basically swapping out all the internals. Problem is finding them. Again you'd lose the cometa part. If you use this then I think you can go up to 135 with those piston off eBay.

Theres not that much available in terms of kits etc its only the casa 80 kit that joey mentions and that's only been around a couple of years. Pipe wise you either keep the std or fit a leg burner from chiselspeed

Electronic kits are even newer which is why I and others on here have done there own

If you do upgrade using the 80 I think that there's a gear box upgrade as well.

Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjoeyfontane Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 am

...i've got a cometa basket case to rebuild and have been developing my current lui in order to transfer all the modifications over to it...
the casa barrel already has a cut out lower fin to accomodate lubmatic controls and would only be a simple matter of drilling an oil feed hole into the inlet port... Cool
performance from standard exhaust is good...if you read the performance tuning manual any mods to it decrease power..? there's more to be gained from ditchin/modifying air box carb etc.... Very Happy Cool
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:53 am

Darren I know you said about keeping it std looking and that its already gone to m & m but have you considered fork dampers?

Daz h on here did do some nice alloy spindles for the lower bracket. Not sure if he has any left
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  disco Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:09 am

Snails wrote:Darren I know you said about keeping it std looking and that its already gone to m & m but have you considered fork dampers?

Daz h on here did do some nice alloy spindles for the lower bracket. Not sure if he has any left

No i hadn't thought about fork dampers, i will look in to that.

Thanks.

disco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down