LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vega conversions

3 posters

Go down

Vega conversions Empty Vega conversions

Post  E type Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi ive got a vega 75 and have a starstream 125 top end for it and hopefully a crank soon as and want to convert it to a 140 or similar I have access to machinery miller lathe and the like as I'm a tool maker and would like to know the ins and outs of the conversions available that I can do my self with what I already have and have seen the eBay/tzr route but un sure on piston quality and reliability would go Kwak route but don't know details any. 1 know how to do it ? Rod Change ? Top an tail barrel ? any info would be appreciated thanks paul

E type

Back to top Go down

Vega conversions Empty Re: Vega conversions

Post  Thackers Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Paul, welcome along. There's plenty of info here
http://forums.lcgb.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=502d25d170175aa9688a6fe8837309ab
I used the piston you mentioned and from the same source, i've had no trouble with it though be aware it's not a genuine Yamaha piston
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  E type Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks thackers that's a what I'm after

E type

Back to top Go down

Vega conversions Empty vega conversions

Post  NIGE Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 pm

hi all tzr piston conversion 1mm or 2mm packing plate needed please let me know and i will get some made also i have a brand new old stock starstream barrel which is going to be a spare can i get a tzr piston for standard bore has anybody looked in to trying suzuki piston also does anybody have stage 4 port timing measurements reply much appreciated
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down