LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum - Thoughts?

+3
vegagirl
Thackers
Admin
7 posters

Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty New Forum - Thoughts?

Post  Admin Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:32 am

After much hunting round I settled with this forum. The layout mimicks Facebook but I think in terms of useability it should suit what everyone wants from a forum. Feel free to let me know if you want any other sections. Let me know what you think to this one Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty Re: New Forum - Thoughts?

Post  Thackers Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:28 pm

looking good to me, things are on the up Very Happy
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  vegagirl Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:24 am

Looks great Pete Cool just what's been needed for a long time, and even a better range of smileys too Laughing

I will set up a link to this from Lunabase and remove the old messageboard pages.

Lunabase will remain the Luna Owners Club source of reference information and resources, and the site through which to join the LOC. I will do my best to keep that part of the site up-to-date, while everyone can much more easily share their photos, news, project info, questions & tips.

Anything you feel should be shared/archived as key reference material/resources on the original Lunabase site, please continue to email to me. i.e. technical reference and parts info, marketing material, rare & related, accessories, stuff on vega racing...

Thanks,
Sarah
vegagirl
vegagirl

http://www.lunabase.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  vegagirl Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:26 am

Just a thought - what about a 'projects' section?
Sarah
vegagirl
vegagirl

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty ?????????????????

Post  Thackers Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 am

Personally i can't see the sense in having 2 luna websites (3 if you include lcgb section). So we come on here to chat, post photos etc etc and then go to Lunabase to see if anything's changed and after a while nobody will visit there as it's all going to happen here.
This forum/website call it what you will is the breath of fresh air needed, were only a small fan club and if both sites are run parallel then one competes with the other.
I'm not bitching here, i know things like these sites take peoples time etc and i'm really happy something has changed for the good so why not just everything under one roof ? bounce bounce
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 am

I can see what you mean but i'm chuffed its getting some new things and seems to be moving forward again so can only be a good thing. Well done that man
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty New Forum

Post  Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:34 am

Let me take you back to a time when we had no Luna Owners Club - so pre 2002. The 1980's had seen the Vega Owners Club come and go in the space of 4 newsletters - I wasn't involved with the club then and never even joined it. However, after owning a succession of Luna line machines during the 1990's to now, I decided in 2002 that I wanted to start a club just for Luna owners. So, I did and ran a page and e-mail updates via my British Lambretta Archive site. The club grew steadily and I was impressed that so many people had a passion for the Luna line just like me.

I was then approached by Justin and Sarah who were in the process of setting up Lunabase which would be an online resource for Luna owners. I told them that it was a great idea and asked if I could run the club from the site - which I then did. In essence it kept the club seperate from the BLA. I always have and always will be grateful to the work that Justin put into the site and that Sarah did and continues to do. Lunabase isn't going to go anywhere - it will remain as an online source for Luna-tics worldwide.

Essentially then we have an online resource and a new forum - so, as fas as I can see it, the best of both worlds.

As for the Luna section on the LCGB site - that is not part of the LOC But it is a good extra reference point for Luna owners so I can only applaud it.

So, as I see it, we're lucky to have 2 online resources for a club that I started from nothing. I see that as a plus not a minus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty Hip Hip Horay

Post  Snails Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:52 am

Love the new forum. I'm really looking forward to seeing a bit more indepth project type information on here.

Regarding the discussion above, at the end of the day if the old web sites forum pages link to this site for all intents and purposes its the same as using one site anyway. In the interests of continuity it might be nice if the background colour of this site remained orange rather than blue. It's no biggy and hardly something to really worry about but if its as easy as flicking the switch for the site from Blue to Orange I say its switch worth flicking Wink
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty More thoughts

Post  Snails Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:51 am

Also whilst I'm thinking about it maybe we need a Ebay watch section? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Although don’t want to step on any ones toes so I guess this could be controversial!

The other section I thought might be nice might be a tuning section! Shocked I suppose this could be covered by tech tips so maybe a tuning post would suffice?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty Parts and alternatives

Post  Thackers Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 am

As parts are rare and blinking expensive would it be a good idea for a section of alternatives or crossovers/compatable from other models?
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:21 pm

loving this site, a nice breath of fresh air the luna lines have been in need of.

that said if it was not for the likes of pete, sarah and justin setting up lunabase then i'm in no doubt that a lot of people would have passed these wonderfull machines by.

sarah you have put in a lot of work on that site, and especially on your own time and expense, and myself and no doubt plenty of others are very gratefull.
daz
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:28 am

Yes, liking the new forum, well done to all those involved in this and also the Lunabase site which for me without doubt is excellent in layout and content!

Looking forward to talking Luna....

Neil

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty conversions

Post  lilmoon Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

i like the new look site. could we have a area for engine conversions eg j125 upgrade all the parts needed ect. cheers simon

lilmoon

Back to top Go down

New Forum - Thoughts? Empty New Site

Post  Admin Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks for all the positive replies - I'll start adding new sections as all of the suggestions are good ones.

As for the colour issue - I'm working on it - orange now how do I do that....lol Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vegagirl Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:50 am

Looking great Pete Very Happy Cool

I've updated the messageboard page on lunabase with a link to the new forum, and asked everyone to post here instead. I'll delete the old crappy forum in a couple of weeks!
vegagirl
vegagirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down