LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kickstart shaft needed

4 posters

Go down

kickstart shaft needed Empty kickstart shaft needed

Post  li mick Sun May 18, 2014 10:48 am

has anyone a good kickstart shaft and piston for a cometa engine for sale? before i buy new thanks mick.

li mick

Back to top Go down

kickstart shaft needed Empty Re: kickstart shaft needed

Post  Thackers Sun May 18, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm afraid I don't have those items Mick, how did you get on with the hunt for the coil?
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

kickstart shaft needed Empty lui coil.

Post  li mick Sun May 18, 2014 1:45 pm

thanks for your message,i think i will go over to the electronic route,i fitted this to my LI about four years ago and have had no trouble.but the kickstart shaft is holding me back now but i did not want to pay about sixty five pounds,but i may have to.i wanted to make sure the cometa engine worked before i spent money on the electronics thats why i wanted the coil, as when i bought the lui it was just a frame and i am building it up from scratch,and the engine i have not had running yet even though i got a spark before the kickstart gave up. mick.

li mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Mon May 19, 2014 1:25 am

Hi Mick, just had a look on Scootopia and they're £64 scratch why do they cost that much !!!! last time I bought a series 3 one it was around £20
I think Jem has one he tries on Ebay but never sells @ £54 plus p&p if memory serves. He might just take an offer if you know him well enough
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon May 19, 2014 7:10 am

Is it the kick start thing you kick (the pedal) or the shaft part that fits inside the engine that you want?

Is there any difference between Vega and Cometa?

I have an spare pedal but it wont be available until my other one comes back from chromers and Ive not even sent it yet.

I have at least part of the mechanism - the bit with the teeth that engages the gear cogs. Not sure how much of it. Would have to look and see
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  li mick Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 am

thanks for the replies,yes it is the shaft that goes into the engine i need and the piston that goes inside it which looks as though it has two teeth on the end that catches on the gear and kicks the engine over.mine looks as though it has moved into the gear and chewed up the end of the shaft where the piston comes out.jem has these so it looks as though i will be giving him another call Smile

li mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlequim Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Did you get one Mick? I have one spare and think the piston too, PM me if you're interested.
Harlequim
Harlequim

Back to top Go down

kickstart shaft needed Empty shaft

Post  li mick Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Harlequim wrote:Did you get one Mick? I have one spare and think the piston too, PM me if you're interested.
 yes thanks all fitted,had one off jem.thanks for the offer though Harleyquim.

li mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down