LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox

4 posters

Go down

Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox Empty Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox

Post  mviszek Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:24 am

Hi guys,

Last year we have upgrated our Luna to 75 (80 I guess). The cylinder and piston, chain, clutch, bearings have been changed. Girl from our club drove on this Luna all ride out route on last years Eurolambretta in Davos. Who was there know how hard this ride out was. We're planning winter projects now. The Luna seems to need 4th gear. Please let us know in the detail what is needed to convert?

many thanks in advance,

Maciej
(KKS Przygoda Club, part of Lambretta Club Poland, Warsaw, Pland)

mviszek

Back to top Go down

Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox Empty Re: Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox

Post  Scooter Paul Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:58 am

I don't think a 4 speed box will fit. In fact I'm sure. Most people fit a 15 tooth front sprocket and I think Rimini Lambretta have a gear cluster upgrade. I've not done either conversion but as I have a 50 too and will probably fit a 75/80 kit I'd be interested in any feedback. Does the 15 front sprocket need a longer chain or will the standard one fit?

Paul
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox Empty 4 speed

Post  lunaloon Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:06 am

You can upgrade Lui 50 to 4 speed but you will need all the 75 gears,output shaft,wider endplate,chainwheel sprockets,clutch,Crankshaft and the 75 chaincase cover [basically everything from a 75] not really worth it and very costly if you can get the parts! best thing to do is what scooterpaul suggests upgrade front sprocket or gearing speak to Rimini Lambretta or Dan at scootopia Weston-super-mare.
lunaloon
lunaloon

Back to top Go down

Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox Empty RE

Post  mviszek Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks guys. I have J125 one. What can be sources from that engine to convert to 4 gears box?

mviszek

Back to top Go down

Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox Empty Re: Luna 50 --> 80 conversion what is needed to convert to 4 speed gearbox

Post  Snails Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:34 am

That will only work if its a 4 speed Super Star Stream

Lui 50, Cento and J125 are interchangeable

Vega 75 and 4 speed Super Star Stream are interchangeable

You cant mix the two.

If its a J125 3 speed engine that you have you could swap all the internals from that and get rid of the 80 kit......

.....but by far the easiest thing to do is buy the new front sprocket from Rimini Lambrettas as its been designed to fix the issue you have
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down