LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising Locations For Vegas

3 posters

Go down

Advertising Locations For Vegas Empty Advertising Locations For Vegas

Post  digger59 Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Saw your post and it made me think,about 4 years ago I went as far as they would allow you up a Volcano (Actually Nevada Del Ruiz) in Colombia ,South America.The trip was done on my 1972 Auteco Lambretta Jet 200 (Colombian built).
We had to leave the scooters and Vespas (Vespa Club of Medellin) at the second Station from the top(Two Strokes are banned up there).
Any how to the gist of the matter higher up just before the snow/ice ,what a fantastic view ,perfect it was just like the Moon,no vegetation at all.
Incidently this was the Volcano that melted it's Ice Cap in 1986 and sent a torrent of mud into the Town of Armero ,Tolima,Colombia and killed 30.000 people ,burying the town in mud.The town was never lived in again.One famous but sad thing about this was the little girl trapped in the mud and the level rising ,it was filmed on TV at the time ! Terrible.
Now I have been living here in Colombia for 4.5 years now and I have the Vega 140cc I brought from England (Actually a 68 Lui 50cl frame that was registered in 1988 in England)was this one of the 3 Lui 50cc imported?).
I know of one other Lui 75cc in Colombia in Cali in original silver (They were not built here by Auteco,so must have been imported).It would be great to get them both up there and photographed on this background. What do you think?

Regards from Colombia,Alan(Digger)Gardiner A Lunatic from 1977 to 81,then 2000 to now.

Last edited by digger59 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

digger59

Back to top Go down

Advertising Locations For Vegas Empty Re: Advertising Locations For Vegas

Post  daz.h Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:20 am

it would be good to know what happened to all the toling and presses etc, there was a question and answer session in scootering some months ago with a guy who worked for innocenti on the lambretta range, and prior to the interview taking place the public were allowed to submit questions for him to answer.
i did ask about the tooling and presses etc, but the question never got answered, he went on to say in the interview that he liked all the lambretta models exept for the luna range Evil or Very Mad
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  digger59 Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:50 pm

The story is or was that it was all destroyed another is that it was bricked up in the factory.I think that after the sales failed to reach targets they withdrew them,although after they reduced the price they sold like hot cakes.Another thing to remember is that around the same time the Vega and the GP/DL were introduced they had the big fatal strike which basically brought them to their knees.
On another note though the Vega/Lui should have replaced the J50 but that was carried on until the bitter end 1971.

digger59

Back to top Go down

Advertising Locations For Vegas Empty very interesting

Post  littlemoon Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:01 pm

ey up al,

good to see tha's joined, a welth of information and with you on board we should have no mechanical issues now
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  digger59 Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Hey up, Simon how's tha doin?Is tha still workin in't factory?As tha got them bloody Vega thigys dun yit?
Get tha bloody kettle on wi sum Yorkshire tea!

digger59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down