LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunny stators

2 posters

Go down

Sunny stators Empty Sunny stators

Post  Scooter Paul Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:01 am

I'm experiencing some isuues with the electrics on my bike. I have spoken with Rob and Joey on here and on the LCGB forums. The issue is that the lights have packed up. So far no loose connections or blown bulbs. Handlebar switch appears good. The side lights work but nothing from the (brown wire) main lights. What's really puzzling is that on checking the stator it appears as if the side light coil (purple wire) is the faulty coil - no continuity between the output side and eath! (so why does the side light work?). I've been advised to look at a 12v Sunny stator on the Scooter Restoration site. This is a 5 coil set up. Has anyone used one with a standard Vega flywheel?. Would I need to change the 6v HT coil if I used this stator?
I don't want to change to a Varitronic as I bought a NOS flywheel and a new coil when I restored the bike and apart from the expense I'm quite happy with points ignition.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Sunny stators Empty Re: Sunny stators

Post  itsjoeyfontane Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:43 pm

... i'd speak to S Resto's as they can test your stator and may have genuine coils...or try Gem Booth as he is an electrical wizard.... Wink
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:18 am

SR's can't answer as Paul is at Euro Lambretta and he's the only one that knows. I'm sending mine up to Jem for check and repair.

Paul
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down