LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa

+3
lammievega
itsjoeyfontane
ScootersO
7 posters

Go down

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa Empty Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa

Post  ScootersO Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:12 pm

also posted this at LCGB...
any particular pics for anorak restoration knowledge needed, let me know!

We got a call awhile back from an older gentlemen looking to clear his garage out of an old "open frame" Lambretta. His words. Well the last thing I really need right now is another clapped out D or similar, so it took me until we were passing near his place on the way to a xmas eve dinner, when instead of a D, he had a Cometa.

Not the rarest in the world, but as an original US sold Cometa, its pretty rare. I only know of 1 other not imported privately. Especially with 300 miles on it.

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1771_rs_zps5f1ca6df

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1758_rs_zps99123454

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1772_rs_zps18bfceb6

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1773_rs_zps1373c11c

it needs a good clean. Ill get some more pictures as I clean it up.

ScootersO

Back to top Go down

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa Empty cometa

Post  itsjoeyfontane Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:04 pm

wow thats fantastic! just out of interest have the documents been clipped under the springy thing under the seat base ? can you show some picture of the factory stickers attatched...thanks enjoy!
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa Empty Re: Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa

Post  ScootersO Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Ill shoot some pics of the stickers tonight and post up soon as I can.

the documents have basically just been stuck onto the pin that holds the seat latch. dont even want to undo the tool strap and wrapping to see what tools are in it cuz that padding looks like it will disintegrate!

ScootersO

Back to top Go down

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa Empty Re: Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa

Post  ScootersO Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Came with original booklet:
Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1784_rs_zps1c0ed48f

Inspection sticker, dealer sticker and Lubematic sticker. The dealer sticker is the same importer who was supplying Servetas to the NYC police force.
Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1780_rs_zpsaf5253a0

tool roll. looks untouched!
Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1779_rs_zps693e289e

owner just stuck the reg docs through the latch pin thing:
Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1778_rs_zps7bc3cb25

gas sticker:
Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1777_rs_zpsb1f30e07

oil sticker:
Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa IMG_1776_rs_zps4149df71

think that is all the stickers?

it seems like a very late model, the vin is 6555xx

Im checking with the owner of the only other US sold Cometa I know of to see how close his is to that number.

- Gene

ScootersO

Back to top Go down

Post  lammievega Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:22 am

Wow! That is a beautiful example of an untouched ochre Cometa Smile. You must be very happy with your purchase. They are still out there to be found! Very jealous but glad another one of Innocenti's finest creations has seen the cold light of day bounce
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 pm

i am not jealous one bit Cool Cool Cool
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:04 am

Wow!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked what an amazing buy/find, well done that man. I don't think there can be many Lambrettas out there to find now (any series etc) especially like this. I just dream of someone coming up to me when parked up and saying those magic words "I have a scooter at home i want rid of if you want it" Crying or Very sad Razz Laughing
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  ScootersO Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Thackers wrote:Wow!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked what an amazing buy/find, well done that man. I don't think there can be many Lambrettas out there to find now (any series etc) especially like this. I just dream of someone coming up to me when parked up and saying those magic words "I have a scooter at home i want rid of if you want it" Crying or Very sad Razz Laughing

very true! it has been years and years since I got a really good deal like this, and the US had a fair few to find, but shows like American Pickers, American Restorations, as well as being able to check google and ebay have made everyone think any scooter they own is worth $10K! You should see some of the posts we see of scooters for sale around here now.

ScootersO

Back to top Go down

Christmas Pressie for me and my better half - Cometa Empty US Cometa

Post  Admin Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 am

Very nice Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeks Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 am

littlemoon wrote:i am not jealous one bit Cool Cool Cool

Fibber Wink ................... "stunning" find Very Happy
Weeks
Weeks

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down