LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vega suspension questions

2 posters

Go down

Vega suspension questions Empty Vega suspension questions

Post  tonyicon Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 am

As I said in a previous post, I am preparing a Vega 135 to do Lammie Drive 2 next year - Australia - Top to Bottom.

Reading about the state of some of the roads I am likely to encounter, I am concerned about the strength of the suspension (front and rear), and the ability to handle miles on end of 'washboard' tracks when carrying what kind friends have referred to as a 'fat bastard'.

Anyone have any thoughts, however radical? (No, I'm not going to cut a leg off or have liposuction!) Any way of increasing the suspension travel (which might also give more ground clearance - a good thing!)

Someone suggested marrying the lower loop of an Li fork with the stem of a Vega fork, but I am concerned that might add a lot of weight. Or just fall to pieces, if I do the welding!

On a completely different tack, anyone know of a custom fuel tank fabricator (aluminium or steel?) they could recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help!

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Vega suspension questions Empty Re: Vega suspension questions

Post  Snails Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:41 pm

I have seen the welding of series 3 fork loop done a couple of times, that Vega that had the ts1 engine fitted for example. Dont think weight would be such an issue for that scooter though...

Its quite easy to fit extra dampers to the front forks, that might help..there's some parts on UK ebay at the mo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAMBRETTA-VEGA-COMETA-LUI-FORK-DAMPER-MOUNTS-FOR-SUSPENSION-UPGRADE-/261094531346?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cca726112#ht_642wt_1186

also you could upgrade the rear shock, again there's one on ebay at the mo..dont know how good that would be

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lambretta-lui-vega-luna-range-custom-race-rear-shock-/251148178538?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a7999146a#ht_509wt_1186

personalty I think your bloody mad trying Shocked Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down