LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa

+7
Snails
Staffy (Gareth)
Thackers
Waddo
itsjoeyfontane
Bingo
siobhanellis
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Empty FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa

Post  siobhanellis Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:51 pm

I have two knackered machines. one Cometa and One Vega, and breaking both of them.

So, ask and I may have what you need.

Don't bother with legshields, headlight rims, rear footpegs, levers (already gone)

Siobhan
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

http://www.lammiedrive.org.au

Back to top Go down

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Empty Re: FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa

Post  Bingo Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Siobhan
I am looking for a four speed handlebar gearchange if you have one
Cheers
Bingo

Bingo

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjoeyfontane Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:33 pm

...hey there...i need a throttle twist tube..and by any chance does the cometa have the oil feed pipe with the filter in going spare..? and speedo ? cheers sport...
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Empty yes and no

Post  siobhanellis Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Sorry been so slow, I've been away on business

Yes, I have the gear change.

Sorry, can't help with the oil feed pipe, and the speedo has been taken. Sorry :-(

Siobhan
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:35 pm

itsjoeyfontane wrote:...hey there...i need a throttle twist tube..and by any chance does the cometa have the oil feed pipe with the filter in going spare..? and speedo ? cheers sport...

I may be able to help with the throttle twist tube. Depends on how difficult the tube is to get off the handlebars.

Siobhan
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Empty breaking vega and cometa

Post  Bingo Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Siobhan
Could you let me know how much for the four speed gear change and how you want paying? (I can do Paypal)
Cheers
Andy (bingo)

Bingo

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Bingo wrote:Hi Siobhan
Could you let me know how much for the four speed gear change and how you want paying? (I can do Paypal)
Cheers
Andy (bingo)

Andy,

A$20 for the gear change + P&P. Paypal will be wonderful.

PM me your address and I'll get postage sorted.

Siobhan
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Empty Cometa parts wanted

Post  Waddo Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello Siobhan.

I am restoring my Cometa to ride to the Euro rally in Belguim this June along with 5 other daft mates on Vegas. I have a few parts missing. What i am looking for if you can help is the following parts.

On the engine casing side on the Cometa there are two brackets that the throttle cable and autolube cable runs through. The first bracket as a cable adjuster threaded into it and is held onto the casing side by the top right hand side M6 casing nut. The second bracket is smaller and sits to left of the first bracket, behind the carb, and is held on the same way with a casing side nut. On the top of the forks to the rear, where the mudguard mounts are two metal guide brackets, with plastic barrel inserts that the front brake cable and speedo cable run through, mine bracket and plastic insert is missing from the left hand side, I am looking for a centre stand also. Hope my discription is ok. If you can help please let me know the cost and your prefered way of payment. I do have some spares for Vegas/Cometas if i can help you with anything.

Thank you

Waddo.

Waddo

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi there,

I'll be stripping the Lunas some more this weekend. However I do think those brackets have already gone :-(

I definitely have the stand. I've already got someone in front of you for the cable guides on the front forks, but I think I have two full sets.

Let you know at the weekend.

BTW, will be at Euro! I'm building DVD of 3 guys who rode from London to Sydney on Vegas, in 1969/70.... so you aren't so stupid after all :-)

Siobhan

Waddo wrote:Hello Siobhan.

I am restoring my Cometa to ride to the Euro rally in Belguim this June along with 5 other daft mates on Vegas. I have a few parts missing. What i am looking for if you can help is the following parts.

On the engine casing side on the Cometa there are two brackets that the throttle cable and autolube cable runs through. The first bracket as a cable adjuster threaded into it and is held onto the casing side by the top right hand side M6 casing nut. The second bracket is smaller and sits to left of the first bracket, behind the carb, and is held on the same way with a casing side nut. On the top of the forks to the rear, where the mudguard mounts are two metal guide brackets, with plastic barrel inserts that the front brake cable and speedo cable run through, mine bracket and plastic insert is missing from the left hand side, I am looking for a centre stand also. Hope my discription is ok. If you can help please let me know the cost and your prefered way of payment. I do have some spares for Vegas/Cometas if i can help you with anything.

Thank you

Waddo.

siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjoeyfontane Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 am

...hey i'm interested in throttle tube and do you have a complete carburettor and inlet manifold,a dual seat,ball end clutch/brake levers and a good exhaust...? cheers
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:27 pm

itsjoeyfontane wrote:...hey i'm interested in throttle tube and do you have a complete carburettor and inlet manifold,a dual seat,ball end clutch/brake levers and a good exhaust...? cheers

yes to a Carb and inlet manifold. The carb will need striping and rebuilding, but it is 100% complete.

Good exhaust? I have one that hasn't been used much (4000km), but would need re-chroming. It is heavy, so will be expensive to post to the UK.

No to the rest I'm afraid.
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 am

siobhanellis wrote:
itsjoeyfontane wrote:...hey i'm interested in throttle tube and do you have a complete carburettor and inlet manifold,a dual seat,ball end clutch/brake levers and a good exhaust...? cheers

yes to a Carb and inlet manifold. The carb will need striping and rebuilding, but it is 100% complete.

Good exhaust? I have one that hasn't been used much (4000km), but would need re-chroming. It is heavy, so will be expensive to post to the UK.

No to the rest I'm afraid.

Here's the carb and exhaust. Carb is completely free, but I'd still suggest a rebuild. Came off the Cometa, as did the exhaust. Exhaust is rustier on the back than the front.

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Img_4212
FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Img_4213

Let me know if you are interested in the items, then I'll try and get a postage price.

Carb: A$75
Exhaust: A$75

At the moment, the A$ is about 66p

Plus the postage, what ever it is.
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:35 am

I definitely have the stand and have it ready
I have the cable guides on the front forks, as I had 3 complete sets.

Siobhan

Waddo wrote:Hello Siobhan.

Thank you

Waddo.

siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:55 am

Hi Siobhan, have you a headlight and if so, how much please? Very Happy
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:06 am

let me know what you want for a set of cable guides inc postage and i can get the money off to you.
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Thackers wrote:Hi Siobhan, have you a headlight and if so, how much please? Very Happy

The only Light I have is cracked, but I do know someone with a whole stack of NOS ones. However, there were two manufacturers... which one do you need?

siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:05 am

Hi,
Di you mean you have two spare sets of cable guides? I need some also if you do, obviously I don't want to try and nip in front of Staffy
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:49 am

siobhanellis wrote:
Thackers wrote:Hi Siobhan, have you a headlight and if so, how much please? Very Happy

The only Light I have is cracked, but I do know someone with a whole stack of NOS ones. However, there were two manufacturers... which one do you need?

It would be a CEV headlight i need, let me know how you get on. Wink
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Snails wrote:Hi,
Di you mean you have two spare sets of cable guides? I need some also if you do, obviously I don't want to try and nip in front of Staffy

Yep, should have another set.
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 am

I have someone in South Africa who is restoring a Cometa and needs an engine cowl if you have it. let me know and i will put him in touch as would be good to get another one on the road in another country.

Cheers
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Thu May 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Staffy (Gareth) wrote:I have someone in South Africa who is restoring a Cometa and needs an engine cowl if you have it. let me know and i will put him in touch as would be good to get another one on the road in another country.

Cheers

Got one.
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 am

Thackers wrote:
siobhanellis wrote:

It would be a CEV headlight i need, let me know how you get on. Wink

I'll check this weekend see what I have (As I got mine from the guy I'd get one for you from).

Siobhan
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Empty not so cool

Post  siobhanellis Wed May 09, 2012 3:42 am

Gents,

some of you have asked for parts, which I've then gone to quite a bit of effort to get off the scooter(s), and then I hear nothing back. It's not like I'm making a fortune out of this, I'm trying to sell at reasonable prices so you get your machines on the rd, and are not ripped off... but I get my money back.

Really not so cool :-(

siobhanellis
siobhanellis

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed May 09, 2012 6:06 am

come on guy's siobhan is not doing this to make a killing, if your after parts then she's you man scratch
there are very few people now willing to break machines, most people are looking to build one up from parts that are not in circulation anymore, or a a rediculous price.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

FS: Breaking Vega and Cometa Empty Breaking Vega and Cometa

Post  Bingo Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi SIOBHAN
I pm'd on 24/4/12 with my address for the 4 speed gearchange - you were going to get back to me with a price for postage so I could pay you by paypal- no reply so far- is gearchange no good?
Bingo

Bingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next