LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice\opinions

5 posters

Go down

Advice\opinions Empty Adviceopinions

Post  Thackers Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:49 am

Hi, I'm asking here to begin with as I don't want to get to heavily involved with social media sites if possible.
I'm sure you have all seen my posts trying to sell my 5 speed gearbox. I'm slightly puzzled a to why I can't shift it. I fully understand I'm not well liked but it's not me for sale, and I feel my asking price isn't way offside. Perhaps it's the current climate round the world having spending affects upon us?
So I'm asking what might be the problem in not selling
I could offer the 5 speed along with a 75cc engine casing, layshaft, cursor and shaft and a few other engine components that would make the ideal base for a 135cc upgrade. I could even add a Starstream cylinder and piston already tuned to 135cc !! Which has been up to 65mph plus!. But would I be able to sell the lot? No splitting, then its at what price? Would people just watch on ebay as they do already.
I don't really want to part with the extra items I've mentioned, but sometimes you HAVE to do what you don't want.
Your advice is welcome, and I will not take any offence.
Thank you.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Advice\opinions Empty Re: Advice\opinions

Post  storkfoot Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:12 pm

David, I am not in the market for one but I have seen your advertisement. Perhaps:
Christmas gets ever closer.
Reason for sale? Must have had problems with it and that’s why he is selling it.
If I was going to spend that much cash on a gearbox, I’d spend the extra and buy a new one with a guarantee.

Just my thoughts.

Paul
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi Paul, thanks for the input. Yes your are right about paying the extra etc, i never thought of it that way. I've had no problems it's not been in long enough to find any. I'll have to keep trying i guess. Thanks again. Cool

Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Advice\opinions Empty 5 Speed Box For Sale

Post  Admin Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:04 am

Thackers I think its just a sign of the current financial climate and the dawning realisation from some that buy a CP 135 kit isn't a cheap option - which when you look at what you need to but it clearly isn't but then look at what you get in return for your money.

You could advertise the whole lot on here - casing, cylinder etc and see how you get on - it may be that people think a 5 speed box would be good but they don't have anything else to put it with - just an idea mate.

As for not being well liked - rubbish, I like ya.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:24 am

I've seen you advertising it and although it is a lot of money (£500), it is nearly new and cheaper than buying a new one.
I've got 4 speed boxes so I could justify (or afford) that expense. I would have thought someone with a 3 speed box would be interested.
I agree its not a personality thing - you seem like a decent fella to me and have helped me out loads previously with advice.
I guess you might have to bite the bullet and knock a bit more off if you want to sell it.

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:15 am

Thanks fellas for the answers. I have the item on Ebay now, I doubt it will sell so when it ends i'll consider the option to bundle it together with the engine things i have and try that way. Thanks again8) Cool Cool
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  ArKaTxU Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi.
I have also seen the ad. Maybe if you open the market to customers from outside the UK you have more options to sell.
ArKaTxU
ArKaTxU

http://www.lambrettalocomociones.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down