LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go?

4 posters

Go down

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? Empty shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go?

Post  Thackers Tue May 05, 2020 5:57 am

Finally, a quest at an end. Chromed parts returned and fitted . Sip rims and tyres supplied by Martin at www.justlambretta.com Check him out for your Lambretta needs at good prices , mostly for the larger series . Lockdown isn't so bad.
So just the engine oil to go in a few tweaks and wait......We can do this

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? DSC-1654

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? DSC-1661[/url

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? DSC-1663

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? DSC-1670

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? DSC-1669
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? Empty Re: shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go?

Post  Snails Sat May 09, 2020 11:06 am

Looking good David

Did you swap the studs on the sunny hub to fit the sip rim? Was it hard. I forgot to do mine and now I’m too scared in case I mess the hub up!

What tyre have you fitted_?

By the way your tax has run out.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go? Empty Re: shiney sunny in the sunshine hubs a Go-Go?

Post  Thackers Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 am

Ed, the studs came out very easy. Rev thread if memory serves. In fact if yours are like mine were and you have not checked,they may need tightening!!!
The tyres are sip performers. They are the highest speed rating ones I could find, how they handle I'll find out after lockdown.
Schhhh, don't tell the Fed's on the tax thing Laughing Smile
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon May 11, 2020 3:34 am

Interesting, thanks Dave, I'll check, although I doubt I'll be so lucky! Very Happy
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  storkfoot Sun May 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Where do you get your chroming done?
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Thu May 21, 2020 4:24 pm

storkfoot wrote:Where do you get your chroming done?
Sorry for the delay pal I took my eye right off the ball here.
Here you go …….

www.agbriggchrome.co.uk/
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  storkfoot Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:08 pm

Cheers, Dave. I missed your response and went with Quality Chrome in Hull. It’s only a couple of small pieces I have sent.

I am not always a lover of lots of chrome but I have to say that it entirely works on your Vega Smile
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:42 pm

I’ve not been past this forum for a while (been messing with a series 2) but have to say the hubs & forks look fantastic! Also very jealous of your front hub!

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Mickey, the front hub took some time to do ill admit. If i can do it i'm sure anyone can. Patience and the head jam i had got me there in the end with a lot of help on messenger from Lloyd (Wack63) cheap enough to to in a way, i understand they may be getting re made by someone privately so keep an ear to the ground.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:17 am

thanks Thackers
like you I've been after a four studded front hub for years but doubt I have your skill or patience to make my own. i'll keep my ear and nose to the ground and hope someone cleverer than me starts making these.

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:09 pm

I think I saw Joey selling a version of this, along witha set of strengthened forks like I give you mike, no price on it though
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down