LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sunny hubs

4 posters

Go down

sunny hubs Empty sunny hubs

Post  boozee Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:15 am

does a sunny rear hub fit on a starstream shaft.
and does the front one fit a j range front back plate.

boozee

Back to top Go down

sunny hubs Empty Re: sunny hubs

Post  trotsky Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:44 pm

boozee wrote:does a sunny rear hub fit on a starstream shaft.
and does the front one fit a j range front back plate.

Hi Andy, yes no probs. If it's onto a Vega casing the only thing to change is the rear brake cam to a J one as it is longer to account for the deeper hub. You'll also need to make a small spacer to take up the gap between the brake arm & casing. Not sure about brake shoes as I only have J ones so can't compare.

Again yes straight swap, just gut the other side of J hub & transfer into the Sunny one. Is the hub going into Vega or J forks?

The reason I ask is I'm actually doing a dry-build on my Vega project at the moment using all Sunny parts. J hubs must be wider than Vega as I cannot get the hub in with the 2 half nuts on, so I've just replaced with washers to centralise the hub in the forks as the outer shouldered nuts should hopefully secure it all together. The only other issue I had was once it was all in & tightened, the hub halves ground together very slightly so I put a 12mm clutch shim on the spindle in-between the 2 halves & that cured that issue.

below are some pictures that might help........Steve

sunny hubs Vega_Rebuild_008sunny hubs Vega_Rebuild_002sunny hubs Vega_Rebuild_012sunny hubs Vega_Rebuild_024sunny hubs Vega_Rebuild_023sunny hubs Vega_Rebuild_007
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

sunny hubs Empty sunny hubs.

Post  boozee Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:46 pm

im putting starstream engine in the vega with tzr conversion.so hope to put sunny hub on it.
ive already put the j range hub in the vega forks but fancy using sunny hub and large frame tubeless rims.
what dampers you using with your conversion. cheers andy.

boozee

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Marvlus, you've no issues using a J motor then & hub seems sorted. I'm using the BGM 60s style dampers from Broadys......Steve
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

sunny hubs Empty sunny hubs.

Post  boozee Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:02 pm

cheers steve, ill get and order rear hub now, still need to find a front one though, none in stock anywhere at moment.if i knew how to post pics id show ya my dry build so far. Very Happy

boozee

Back to top Go down

Post  gc Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:44 am

Keep up the good work Steve!!
gc
gc

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:24 am

gc wrote:Keep up the good work Steve!!
looks good doesn't it!