LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scooter shed

3 posters

Go down

Scooter shed Empty Scooter shed

Post  Harlequim Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Not Luna specific but- I need to get a shed, to fit my Vega, my T5 and most likely a full frame Lammy in.

Any advice on sizing? Thinking a 10x5' might work?

Any advice on materials- seen some pre=fab metal ones that will fit nicely into the space, but concerned over damp etc.... if I get vents in will this be ok or is wood the best option?
Harlequim
Harlequim

Back to top Go down

Scooter shed Empty Re: Scooter shed

Post  wack 63 Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Get the biggest you can afford /fit in the space.Wood's good but best to treat it every year but whatever you use try to insulate it as in winter the damp still turns things rusty although I've been using an electric greenhouse heater which seems to help.

wack 63

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:42 am

Which ever you choose make sure the doors are secure. On a shed it's all too easy to un-screw the T hinges and open the door that way. Good air flow will help with the condensation problem. The bigger the better really, that way you could possibly have a bench to work on. Then it all boils down to budget Ebay and local papers and local based web sites on Facebook might turn up a bargain.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down