LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

members rally

+3
Bobbylad
daz.h
Thackers
7 posters

Go down

members rally Empty members rally

Post  Thackers Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:29 pm

As it seems we can't get together for club displays at events, what about next year we organise a rally type event? A bit like a coast to coast kind of thing but for LOC members only, perhaps over a weekend, that way we get together and ride our machines together. Plus it could be a way to generate more members to post on here instead of just the few faithfuls. Maybe a few event based goodies, a members voted trophy winner or the like to hopefully be awarded at other such events. Discuss...........
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

members rally Empty Re: members rally

Post  daz.h Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 pm

good idea Dave, not sure if my backside could manage a coast to coast, unless it was the I.O.W Razz
you're right in the fact we need raise the profile of the club, and as such I know I should do more, but like many I'm struggling financially, and when these events tend to take place, I have the opportunity of overtime and sadly Luna's come second according to Mr bank manager Crying or Very sad
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 pm

In principle I'm up for a get together as long as it's not too far to travel.

Paul
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

members rally Empty Members Rally

Post  Bobbylad Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:26 am

Yip would be a good idea, someone could get in touch with a scooter mag and tell them what we're up to, if they'd like to do a report on it etc. Rolling Eyes
The coast to coast thing on my 50cc - how long did you say it would take Shocked
I'd be up for it!
Bobbylad
Bobbylad

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeks Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:23 am

How would the LOC manage to attract members to a members rally ? ............ I think you would end up with more organisers than members IMO Crying or Very sad Even if you could get someone to take on the organisation of the initial idea.

I really don't want to appear to be pissing on the fire but seeing how difficult its been to drum up interest in getting together to show a few Lunas at Bridlington over the last few of years I just cant see an actual organised rally happening Sad

The date is pretty well set in the scootering calendar with Bridlington, the work of putting on the event is already done, trophies would be already supplied and any Luna display would be seen by 1000s of scooterist ......... All the LOC would have to do is knock up a few LOC keep-sake and the jobs done.

Ive seen a number of Vegas knocking about at events this year, 2 in particular that are ridden everywhere, so people are out there enjoying the wee things Very Happy

Weeks
Weeks

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:58 am

All fair points. I think I saw the 2 machines you talk of at the Blackpool do a few weeks back.
Of course it would be for Pete to organise, and I feel with his clout he could make it happen.
I've made attempts to gather interest in shows like Brid and VMSC and the feedback is that this is a virtual club and shows are not on peoples agenda, that's why I thought riding together would be a slant on a idea. I would love a great display at Bridlington but I've woken up to the fact that I'm pretty much alone on this so don't bother to ask anymore.
If we did manage something like Bridlington I realise we would be only in with a small chance for a club display award, but that alone (display) would maybe generate more sustained traffic on here and future things could then be more of a reality, just like you say and I agree with you.
It's just a shame that something is lacking to generate the urge to sign up to events, maybe next year........................ Cool Cool Cool
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:16 am

Just a little more thinking on this, it would have to be with some kind of entry fee I guess. That way it would be nailed on to happen and a stronger chance that those who enter will turn up. The fee could then go towards the event or a good cause.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  gc Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:01 am

Just wondered Thackers, why are you so "keen" on all of this? Plenty of people have the Vega bug already (many of whom are already riding to places thus getting seen by many) and enjoying them in the way that suits them best. Personally I don't think a gathering of between 3-5 machines is gonna "spread the word" to anyone as it already has been. Just my thoughts on it all and I am ready to be educated on the matter.
gc
gc

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:30 am

I guess it's to do with where I live I don't know of another Luna machine nearby. Probably my nearest would be Daz H. so this forum is my only connection with other members/owners. If I ride on the Vega with other scooterists from round here I end up riding on my own, and that's led me to doing mostly anything scooter wise by myself even on my G.P so I guess that's where my keen spot comes from.
I guess it can be annoying to those who see my often posted idea, but it is meant well.
I take in your comments re- the 3-5 machines and realise you are probably correct and best to give it up. Smile
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:59 am

I'm in a similar position to Thackers. There are some scooterists around my way but no real group that I regually see. We are spread around the country though and that does make getting together not so easy.

Paul
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:41 am

Maybe its something to do with being a Luna owner, I'm a bit of a solo scooterist too, dont and have never belonged to a club and usually ride around by myself. A good friend who lives close by is also into his scoots so we sometimes go out riding together but that's once or twice a year.

I know liking Northern Soul is a bit of a scooterist cliché but maybe we should adopt this as our club song?

Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Weeks Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Thackers wrote:All fair points. I think I saw the 2 machines you talk of at the Blackpool do a few weeks back.

You did .......... Wink

members rally IMG_1539_zpsf15e3981members rally IMG_1544_zps1fd4391e

and there was 5 Vegas at the LCGB affiliated Club bash in Aug at the Darlo rally  Very Happy

members rally IMG_1369_zps58885e5b

members rally IMG_1338_zps37161dcb
members rally IMG_1358_zps1f956731
Weeks
Weeks

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: