LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cometa

+3
daz.h
Admin
DPart
7 posters

Go down

Cometa Empty Cometa

Post  DPart Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:36 am

Cometa 2qcng1t

Cometa 5x65cg

Thanks to Streetstyle (NI) for the restoration and Jem Booth for parts, advice etc

DPart

Back to top Go down

Cometa Empty Cometa

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 am

Nice, tidy looking Cometa - a credit to you Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cometa Empty Re: Cometa

Post  daz.h Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:10 am

very nice.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  zefarelly Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:44 am

There can't be many of them still about . . .I bought one once, utterly rotten, just for the rear rack, I think the engine (seized) ended up in Hampshire somewhere near Winchester . . .

It was so rotten the bottoms of the rims has rusted away, just gone!
zefarelly
zefarelly

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Cometa Empty Cometa

Post  DPart Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:16 am

Does anyone know how many Cometa's were produced and how many remain on the road ?

DPart

Back to top Go down

Cometa Empty Cometa

Post  Admin Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 am

The problem with knowing how many Cometa and Vega's were made is difficult as Innocenti don't seem to have kept seperate records for them, instead they simply lumped them together. I had one back in the early 1990's and I think I gave it away (yeah I know - how dull is that!!).

In terms of how many are still on the road it's difficult to say and from my days as the LCGB Vehicle Registrar I don't recall too many on the club database - certainly no more than about 10-15 (but bear in mind that figure relates to people who bothered to supply information to the club so its not an accurate figure).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:41 pm

That's a very nice machine, it looks like new well done. Does it still use the Lubematic system? Mine had been removed when i got it and the inlet on the engine casing closed off and the oil tank outlet braised up. The only other part left of the system was the red indicator inside the oil tank.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Cometa Empty Cometa

Post  DPart Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi Thackers

The Lubematic system as far as I am aware still works. I just need to locate a double claw cable connecting lever for the lube system. Tried Jem, appears to be MIA again.

Dave

DPart

Back to top Go down

Cometa Empty nice

Post  littlemoon Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Thackers wrote:That's a very nice machine, it looks like new well done. Does it still use the Lubematic system? Mine had been removed when i got it and the inlet on the engine casing closed off and the oil tank outlet braised up. The only other part left of the system was the red indicator inside the oil tank.

i too was thinking is the autolube working, oh and a very nice by the way Cool Cool . i have an ex pete davis cometa it will be the basis of my water cooled project
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Cometa Empty cometa engine

Post  lammievega Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 am

There can't be many of them still about . . .I bought one once, utterly rotten, just for the rear rack, I think the engine (seized) ended up in Hampshire somewhere near Winchester . . .

It was so rotten the bottoms of the rims has rusted away, just gone!.

That engine ended up with me... it cleaned up rather well ha ha.. Only took a week to clean forty years of c**p of it!
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down