LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunny Front and Rear Hubs

4 posters

Go down

Sunny Front and Rear Hubs Empty Sunny Front and Rear Hubs

Post  robd Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm guessing from reading other posts on here, that if I fit a sunny layshaft and rear hub then I can run a SIP tubeless rim? If that's the case, is the sunny layshaft compatible with the lui 50 case and gears?

Also, can the sunny front hub be fitted into the standard links? (Don't care about spedo drive)

Cheers,

Rob

robd

Back to top Go down

Sunny Front and Rear Hubs Empty Re: Sunny Front and Rear Hubs

Post  trotsky Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi Rob, not sure about Layshaft compatability? I've put mine onto a Starstream layshaft. I'm toying with the idea of getting a sunny front hub, but can't make up me mind between that or a Zip front wheel!! Not really helpful i know Embarassed Sorry....Steve
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  robd Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Cheers Steve, I'll give Paul @ scooter restos a call tomorrow and see if he knows. Would like tubeless rims ideally and while it's all apart and all that...

How wide is the zip wheel between the outermost bits (outer bearing faces presumably)? Are you going to have to widen the forks to fit the disc etc in? The reason I ask is I've got one with a machined spacer to run double discs but had to widen a set of GP forks to fit it all in. The spacer is an inch wide or so though so that the discs are equi-distant from the centre of the wheel.

Would like to see some pics Wink

robd

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjoeyfontane Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 pm

...ive fitted j hubs to vega forks and layshaft..had to modify rear brake cam...been very happy with improved brakes...
main issue with front will be tyre valve clearance on forks...thought about this...and asked SR's if they had a front hub available to try...not Sad ...shame..moved on to other projects for now...
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm

has anyone ever tried j range links in vega forks ? i have not, just wondering if they could fit, might help with tyre valve clearance ? or just a different angled valve.
for those going the bigger cc's (more power) i think the j range set up would be better, ie starstream layshaft, hub and rims to the rear and front hub with built in speedo drive (another bonus) plus rims, plus the spares availability is better
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down