LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

he's been :-)

3 posters

Go down

he's been :-) Empty he's been :-)

Post  daz.h Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:24 pm

and the fat fecker's left me a nice main bearing fitting/removing tool Very Happy
how did he ever know santa
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

he's been :-) Empty Re: he's been :-)

Post  trotsky Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:50 am

daz.h wrote:and the fat fecker's left me a nice main bearing fitting/removing tool Very Happy

Very Happy After he left yours Daz he dropped into mine on the way North & left me a Chissy Exhaust & Original Airbox!! lol!
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 am

we must have been good this year Laughing
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:58 am

daz.h wrote:we must have been good this year Laughing

Not sure bout that Daz!.. Bought meself one of those Engine mount extractors from SR. Made for the J range, but with a little extra washer or two, did the job on a vega Casing. Can powder-coat the Casing now. cheers Just need a supply of Mounts to appear now scratch
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:04 am

daz.h wrote:and the fat fecker's left me a nice main bearing fitting/removing tool Very Happy

Wish i had that tool when i did me bearing on a casing, managed to tap it straight thru the drive side Evil or Very Mad Mind, the casing where the bearing lip was looked like the inside of a Crunchie bar Suspect Me thinks santa brought you a marvlus tool there matey!....
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:34 am

trotsky wrote:

Not sure bout that Daz!.. Bought meself one of those Engine mount extractors from SR. Made for the J range, but with a little extra washer or two, did the job on a vega Casing. Can powder-coat the Casing now. cheers Just need a supply of Mounts to appear now scratch
i asked them about the mount extractor, if it was the 14 or 16mm version, the lad said he did not know, so i left it, dont need one now i know you have one Wink
all styles had some mounts a while back.
not sure if they can be made from polyurathane?
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am

daz.h wrote:
trotsky wrote:

i asked them about the mount extractor, if it was the 14 or 16mm version, the lad said he did not know, so i left it, dont need one now i know you have one Wink
all styles had some mounts a while back.
not sure if they can be made from polyurathane?

More than welcome Daz, bloody costly for a 1 off use! Wink I know Paul, said he wasn't sure so would have a look against a J50 casing he had. Came to the conclusion it might work on a Vega casing so i took a punt. I have a couple of goosed J casings so tried it on them before i tried it on the Vega casing. Only difference i found was on the J mounts the inner steel bush pokes out both ends, while the Vegas' pokes out on the inside only & is longer so i had to adapt the tool slightly to allow for this. It's 14mm, didn't get the 16mm ones, but if you were stuck, i think you could adapt the frame to use the Sunny mounts ( i would need to check a Sunny mount 1st thou). J ones are overall the same Diameter/length etc so they might work as a replacement if you had good ones, again i would have to check engine/frame clearance issue, as i say the J mounts poke out at both ends, if that makes sense! Razz I might give Allstyles a bell, not sure about Poly ones, i've already got White finger Vibration with the standard mounts.. Laughing
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Interesting. I have a casing without mounts. Would you need the tool to fit new mounts?

How long ago did All Styles have some Daz?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:01 am

Hi Snails, you could try & make something, but because the inside of the casing is angled you would have to make a wedge type spacer in order for it to be pulled in straight & square, otherwise you would be fighting against the casing. Plenty of heat required! I haven't phoned Allstyles yet to see if they have spare mounts, something i must get round to....Steve
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:26 am

trotsky wrote:Hi Snails, you could try & make something, but because the inside of the casing is angled you would have to make a wedge type spacer in order for it to be pulled in straight & square, otherwise you would be fighting against the casing.

Hi Steve

thanks for the answer. Do you mean that you would need the spacer in addition to the tool or as alternative to buying one?

Ed
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 pm

I called Allstyles and they dont have any Sad
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:36 pm

how about scooter emporium ? they bought nigel cox's stuff, i know nigel had some mounts but wanted silly money for them when the vega stuff was almost been given away.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Probably easier to forget it and source another case!

Wish I had not sold on my other spare now...
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum