LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!!

2 posters

Go down

Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!! Empty Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!!

Post  Vega-Gordon Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Been V. busy as I've been on holiday ha-ha. Just loooked at the site and realised I must have been logged on all week Shocked

Anyway the Vega is running OK-ish, took it out earlier this week and it seemed to be having fuel starvation once it got hot Rolling Eyes Just a bit concerned about it seizing as it still has very little miles on it. Sad

SIP speedo on the GP is still problematical, It's now not showing speed. Have set everything up as I think it should be, but speedo is intermittent. Tacho works, am still waiting for replacement temp sensor. I've removed the head and slotted it to accept the sensor ring and cut a slot in the head cowling for the wiring, so that should be OK, but a Speedo that doesn't "speed" is a pain. Evil or Very Mad

I'll get there yet. scratch

Now to log out...
Vega-Gordon
Vega-Gordon

Back to top Go down

Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!! Empty SIP speedo

Post  tonyicon Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:56 am

Have you got the right 'R' spark plug fitted? Mine wouldn't work properly without that.

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!! Empty It's working!

Post  Vega-Gordon Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:53 am

I've put an "R" plug in, but the problem with the speedo was that the top collar on the square drive had somehow got pushed up the square, so it simply wasn't connecting with the speedo head. Evil or Very Mad

I broke my first thermocouple, as they are very delicate, awaiting 2x replacements from SIP but they are on back-order. Crying or Very sad

The speedo does pretty much work straight out of the box, but the instructions need to be clearer. I created more work, because I wanted to hide the button wire completely, so I had to take the throttle grip and rod out and open up the hole inside the handlebars so I could get the button cable through. I now need to find a new place for the five ex-speedo mounted "idiot" lights to go (Main & Dip Beam, L & R Indicator and Low Fuel). Currently awaiting inspiration as I dont want to just drill the headset. scratch
Vega-Gordon
Vega-Gordon

Back to top Go down

Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!! Empty SIP speedo

Post  tonyicon Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 am

I agree about the instructions! Less than helpful! I connected my thermocouple to the cylinder head bolt. The readings are thus quite a bit lower than you'd expect, (usually about 65-75C during a normal run) but still helpful. I put the button on the front-facing side of the handlebar light switch, with just a small 'nick' filed in the mounting to pass the wire through. Good luck with the 'idiot' lights. The only ways I could think of would involve drilling the headset.

tonyicon

Back to top Go down

Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!! Empty Re: Blimey, I must have been logged on for years!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down