LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location.

2 posters

Go down

Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location. Empty Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location.

Post  Vega-Gordon Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:40 am

How do the beam rubbers locate? do they sit on top of the floor mats, or just inside them? At the back of the beam to make the gaskets that go between the frame and the beam sit right means that the beam has to be tucked in tight inside the floor mats. Should it then "flare" out so the beam rubbers sit on top of the floor mats or should they "butt up" to the inside edge of the mats?

I'm starting to get a lot of chips on the beam, inside legsheild and frame paint with all the faffing about. Evil or Very Mad Sad
Vega-Gordon
Vega-Gordon

Back to top Go down

Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location. Empty Beam cover mod, plus other crazy things.

Post  Vega-Gordon Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:11 am

Thinking about the beam cover, it would have been simple to make it in two halves (left and right) with a joining rubber in between. It might need one extra screw/bracket in the middle to hold it tight. I suppose it could be done by cutting the seam off and using two lengths of the rubber strip on the bottom of the beam. Might try it sometime. Very Happy I still think the designers must have been drunken , I don't understand the off-set rims, or the fact that the tyre valves bend back on themselves. Or why the confused h*ll the clutch and brake cables go through the top of headset. It must be cosmetic. Or for the love of Mike why there are no brake adjusters. I used S3 clutch cable adjusters to out them on mine Vega. It takes about 5 minutes each end. If they had done it in the factory it would have added about 10p to the price.
Vega-Gordon
Vega-Gordon

Back to top Go down

Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location. Empty Re: Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location.

Post  NIGE Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:56 am

i have cut my beam.much easier to fit.it goes with the look of my vega because it is a racer.mine as also got a front brake adjuster.it was on scoot when i got it .i shall re use it but i have no idea what it is of.they are a bstard to put together i have chipped a little bit of paint putting engine in
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location. Empty Re: Beam Rubbers and Floor Mats location.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down