LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those pesky headlight springs - a cheap fix

2 posters

Go down

Those pesky headlight springs - a cheap fix Empty Those pesky headlight springs - a cheap fix

Post  Vega-Gordon Fri May 18, 2012 5:13 am

one of the (many) parts missing from my Vega were the headlight support springs - in fact i didn't know they existed until I saw a photo of them! Jem Booth was having some re-made, but I wanted to get on and had an idea. I had tried making my own, but it proved impractical. I had already had to re-tap the headlight mounting holes out to 4mm as they were stripped and I thought of putting springs inbetween the back of the headlight lugs and the headset holes. What spring to use? The throttle adjuster spring is perfect, just cut one in half and use half on each side. I used slot headed screws to fix it in, hex heads catch slighty. Very Happy
Vega-Gordon
Vega-Gordon

Back to top Go down

Those pesky headlight springs - a cheap fix Empty Re: Those pesky headlight springs - a cheap fix

Post  daz.h Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 am

nice tip gordon, used that many years ago, a friend of siobhan has had some remade, and very good they are too.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum