LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frame struts

2 posters

Go down

Frame struts Empty Frame struts

Post  Jools Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am

Would anyone have information on the position of the front frame strut, I could do with finding out the distance from the rear strut to the front strut and the angle it's welded onto the frame, I think the front strut should kick up on either side but by how much?

Jools
Jools

Back to top Go down

Frame struts Empty Re: Frame struts

Post  daz.h Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 am

do you have either of the struts still in place?
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Frame struts Empty Frame struts

Post  Jools Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Daz, the rear one is still there, there's no front one at the moment, I have a spare strut but not sure where to weld it on and the correct angle of the 'kick up'

Jools
Jools

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:09 pm

same as what my frame was like.
i fitted the legsheilds to the rear strut using the rubber washers, so it was all in the right posistion.
then bolted them down and tightened up the legsheilds on to the front of the frame tube.
then fitted the new strut to the legsheilds, again, using washers etc as this will be what you will be fitting when its all done, and then you'll know it will all line up.
once the strut is in place it can be tacked into place like i did, then remove all legsheilds and give the strut a proper weld around the frame.
Frame struts Strutreadyforweld
Frame struts Strutmountedready123
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down