LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so quiet, any thing new?

+2
Thackers
daz.h
6 posters

Go down

so quiet, any thing new? Empty so quiet, any thing new?

Post  daz.h Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:57 pm

any one got any news or future project?? come on lets hear them !
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

so quiet, any thing new? Empty Re: so quiet, any thing new?

Post  Thackers Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Nothing new here, in fact i thought about selling up. I just can't get the feeling for riding. I've sold my T.V 175 series 3 and mulled over selling my G.P and Cometa too Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad which i haven't put on the road this year. Im hoping things pick up soon and bring a change of view Neutral Neutral
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm

thats a sickner thackers, still no work coming in?
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 am

I have two things kind of on the go. I have a tidy G plate Lui 50 with a 3 speed J125 engine that i picked up several months ago (not sure what to do with this one at the moment and may sell it due to recently getting my Silver Special fully sorted, plus i have my original Vega to get done).

Next up:

I have my original paint green Vega that will be being started on so as its roadworthy again in the next few weeks. I have had this about 18 months and done nothing with it apart from collect bits that i knew straight away were needed or wrong. Its going to simply be made roadworthy as its too good to mess with and restore.

Its currently pretty much all there and together, needs a couple of bits and bobs but hope nothing too much. The few bits it was missing i pretty much now have at first glance but there's always something that crops up.

The main issues i had when i got it about 18 months ago was;

1> The original VEGA legshield badge was missing (managed to get two originals, one for me and the other went to Daz)

2> Original airbox and filters were missing but i managed to pick up an original airbox and some original filters still in the Innocenti brown paper from the factory (nice touch), but for more money than i wanted at the time Shocked . However looking at them now then i had a bargain.

3> A better throttle assembley as the one on it is a bit crap. Its been drilled at some stage for whatever reason with a fixing screw in the top so god only knows (i have another on a spare set of bars that i picked up about 12 months ago complete with headset bottom so the housing will be swapped over)

4> Needs complete engine strip and rebuild as it just doesn't run
Needs recableing

5> Needs reregistering as the number it had has now been reallocated years ago due to it not being on the road since 1975.

These are the main things that jump out but no doubt it won't be that easy so will let you know what else i need.
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 pm

That's a shame David. I would keep at least one scoorter just in case. At the end of the day they probably won't get cheaper if you change your mind
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

so quiet, any thing new? Empty so quiet,any thing new ?

Post  steve Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:12 pm

just got an mot on my lui and now its off to dvla for a reg. then the paint job and engine rebuild picked up a vega motor with 125 top end.so lots to do over the next few months ,i will be picking your brains for help. cheers steve Laughing

steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm

daz.h wrote:thats a sickner thackers, still no work coming in?
Things have changed on the work front in ways i thought impossible. Yes i've a job just round the corner from you Daz in York but the money they pay is like i earned at least 15 years ago and your never certain of getting what you've worked for. Last week £300 paid short because they can do it, it takes weeks to get it back in dribs and drabs. Construction is facing tough times. It washes into everyday living making for not so happy times

Ed your right about selling then spending more to get something back. I doubt i'd find another Cometa like i bought, and put into. Same for the G.P, it's only been a thought to sell and would take a lot of inner searching or more years of economic bad times to force the point

I know everyone is dealing with hard times at present, roll on better days for us all cheers
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:49 pm

hope things pick up soon thackers.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

so quiet, any thing new? Empty News

Post  Admin Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 am

I've got a number of things on the go at the minute - including a possible re-write/re-print of the Lambretta Bible. Work doesn't help by being busy due to idiots rioting.

Anyway my Lui 50C needs to be stripped and parts powder coated and some parts chromed. It's not going back on the road so an engine re-build isn't needed but I want to make sure it looks good so I've spent time collecting bits for it. Still haven't found the correct rear light and may have to do with one from the Lui 50 CL.

The part built Vega that I bought last year is still part built. I have all the parts for it, would like some stainless bits and pieces for it and have some spare parts that I may sell on. I seem to have 2's or 3's of some things. My aim was to get it on the road this year - thats still my aim along wiht getting my 1981 mini back on the road. Anyone know where I can get some decent wheels from for it?

2012 is 10 years of the LOC so I'd like to think we'll be at the VMSC Show. It may be one of the only shows I get to next year due to the Olympics as all our leave in 2012 has been cancelled due to that - nice one......NOT!!!! Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum