LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Brake Switch Cover & Throttle Housing

4 posters

Go down

Rear Brake Switch Cover & Throttle Housing Empty Rear Brake Switch Cover & Throttle Housing

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:54 am

Im after a plastic rear brake switch cover if anyone has one out there. Not sure if i imagined it or not but thought someone mentioned about some remade ones somewhere but i have been to bed since then Smile

Also still after a replacemeth throttle housing if anyone has a spare or if its still on the bars then i will take those too.
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake Switch Cover & Throttle Housing Empty Re: Rear Brake Switch Cover & Throttle Housing

Post  Neil Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:37 am

Staffy

I have a throttle housing - however the threads for the switch will need sorting - both have snapped screws in them - an attempt has been made to remove one, otherwise its OK. Let me know if you are intersted or not. As it's damaged, you can have it. May have an old rear brake cover as well.... will have to take a look for that one

cheers
Neil

Neil

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake Switch Cover & Throttle Housing Empty Re: Rear Brake Switch Cover & Throttle Housing

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:18 am

Cheers Neil, that would be great so i can see what i can do with it if its just threads then maybe i can get them drilled out, welded up and re-tapped out to make a good one if the rest of its in good order.

The rear brake cover will be good too if you have one so let me know what i owe you for the bits and postage and i can get it off to you unless you need anything yourself that i might have spare.

Very Happy
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:42 am

Staffy

No problem - will take a look tonight for the brake switch cover and let you know....

What I would really like for mine is the angled rear rubber for the rear light cable - but I have never seen one as a spare, so rarer than a rare thing, or so it seems. I bet someone has a bag full somewhere.... Very Happy

Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am

Neil wrote:Staffy

No problem - will take a look tonight for the brake switch cover and let you know....

What I would really like for mine is the angled rear rubber for the rear light cable - but I have never seen one as a spare, so rarer than a rare thing, or so it seems. I bet someone has a bag full somewhere.... Very Happy

If they have then i will also have one from them
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 am

Neil wrote:Staffy

Someone suggested to me that an alternative is to go round bike brakers and find something similar

I need one also but have never found time to do this.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:22 pm

i keep looking for something suitable for the rear light terminals, i will sorce it eventually.
in the mean time i found on he floor at a mates vw camper workshop a rubber boot, fits ok, but just looks not quite right. Mad
i will try to get a picture over the next few days.

i had the rubber brake switch covers made a few years ago, none left at the present time other than what i need for my current build.
i will be getting some more stuff remade, but not just yet as i'm currently paying off my overdraft after building my pond.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:28 pm

That must be some pond Daz!
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:29 pm

5200 galons, around 25 tonnes of water Twisted Evil
might as well have a big one Shocked
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:55 am

that's a lake in this country
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:26 am

Got a throttle housing now thanks to Neil so still need a rear brake swith cover.
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down