LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Year Club Activities?

3 posters

Go down

Next Year Club Activities? Empty Next Year Club Activities?

Post  Snails Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:20 am

Hi

Im just wondering if there is anything planned for next year?

We had the Globetrotter Challenge last year, and the photo challenge the year before.

Personnally I thought the Globetrotter Challenge was a great concept (as for me as a predominately lone scooter rider it gave a reason to get out and ride somewhere) and it was disapointing that there was such a low participation, after really positive noises when the idea was first floated. I guess that individuals will all have their own reasons for not participating but I wonder if making one of the locations so difficult to achive put some people off? (that being the IOM luna meet).

I know I made lots of comments on FB about wanting to win but these were very much tongue in cheek as (at the start at least) I thought I'd have no chance considering the amount of miles some people put in on their scoots
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Next Year Club Activities? Empty 2020 Activities

Post  Admin Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:38 am

Yep, I agree adding the Rumble probably wasn't a good idea. I'm keen to run the Globetrotter event next year and am looking at locations that can be on the list - I'm happy to accept suggestions. I'll take part even though I won't score myself, this year I concentrated on the VCB's Riders Regional Competition but think that next year I'll do both.

I'd like to arrange a Luna meet for 2020 - somewhere central-ish so that most folk can make it and add a ride into it so that it isn't just about chatting but also about riding.

As for Newark in January - no one really seemed to be interested so there will be no LOC stand there.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Next Year Club Activities? Empty Re: Next Year Club Activities?

Post  Snails Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:24 am

Pleased to hear that another Globetrotter event will be run. I'll have a go at locations when I get a mo.

Mike who comes on here occasionally, went to a mini moke rally in derbyshire last year. It had plenty of water crossing. Maybe that would work if we copied the route? I can ask him if he still had details
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Next Year Club Activities? Empty Event

Post  Admin Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Yeah if you can get the route details that would be good Ed
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:15 am

Hi guys
I've checked and do have the details of the moke run I did through Derbyshire last summer. however its a 15 page set of tulip directions which are very thorough (left after 0.1 mile, right after 0.3 etc.) so not sure how to post it. the route literally was 'up hill, down dale' going through some lovely tiny villages, single lane valleys, a couple of river fords and plenty of nice places for a cup of tea and pint. lots of camping and B&B's around as well.

i'll ask Ed / snails for some help in shortening the route to the really good bits and trying to post on here. A job to be done in the pub over Christmas Ed?

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 am

Yes, sounds a bit too precise for a scooter ride!
Happy to help in shortening it if needed.
Not so sure how events like this run. I guess you can either have someone lead if they know the route, if numbers are small enough. Or print off maps to hand out and let everyone navigate themselves, or put up directional signs?

Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down