LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebuild Order ?

3 posters

Go down

Rebuild Order ? Empty Rebuild Order ?

Post  Peach. Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:37 am

Hi - I,m just about to start my first Vega rebuild and was wondering if there was any preferential order or tips for reassembly - I had noticed that the bridge looked difficult to fit if the headset was on etc

a- Legshields
b- Cables / Loom
c- Forks
d- Bridge
e- Headset

Cheers

Peach.

Back to top Go down

Rebuild Order ? Empty Re: Rebuild Order ?

Post  Thackers Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 am

The centre beam cover is usually the last step in the process. If you want a great rebuild thread to follow then check out Luna projects section and look up the one done by "Trotsky" This is in my view the best rebuild of a luna model documented. There are plenty of rebuilds in that section to plunder any info you need, information is power Cool Cool
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Peach. Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:27 am

Cheers Thackers - just what I was after

Peach.

Back to top Go down

Post  trotsky Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:38 am

Hi Ian & welcome. Just a couple of notes for your rebuild. Quite simply put, the beam is one of the worst designs/jobs innocenti ever did!  Evil or Very Mad

Do a dry build & you will see the issues & you'll also be able to bend your beam a bit to help find a shape that helps it fit better. I glued the rubbers to the beam & also cut them just short at the bottom to allow for the rear beam rubber. When you fit use plenty of fairy liquid & have some-one else help you! Shocked  

As Thackers says leave til last (Cheers Dave). Get everything else done 1st but don't cable tie the loom or cables to the main frame (tightly) as you will need to lift the headset to get the top of the beam past it & so will need movement. I found using a long screwdriver the best tool for pushing the beam out past the steering lock.

1st get the stand on & then put leggies on loosely before putting forks in. Put wiring loom thru frame, out the rear for the light ( i run another good earth for the rear light from 1 of the bolts that hold it to the frame, to another part of the frame making sure all paint is scraped away for a good earthing connection) & in rough position for the junction box.

Then the rear mudguard should go on before you put engine in. Head cowl goes on before you put the engine into the frame & really it helps to have 2 people to put engine in so as to not scratch/dint paint & tinware

Everything else should be easy!! lol!

Good luck with it - it is fun -* any questions please ask as there are plenty here to help.....Steve
trotsky
trotsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Peach. Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:58 am

Great info - thanks Steve Very Happy

Peach.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum