LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parts availability

5 posters

Go down

Parts availability Empty Parts availability

Post  Scooter Paul Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 am

I don't want to be a harbinger of doom but with their being a limited market for Lui/Vega parts and Casa Lambretta being the only source of remade bits am I right to be worried that we might have seen the last batches of parts being remade? Any company making or stocking parts has to see it as a worthwhile exercise and investment and if the returns are going to be slow to the point of not worth bothering are we now on the downward slope? Maybe I'm being pessimistic. What do others think?

Paul
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Parts availability Empty Re: Parts availability

Post  shand Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Looks that way casa lambretta (scootopia) website  not much stock, scooter restorations seem to have limited stock, whether they are waiting for more stock or they just don't think its worth it I don't know
shand
shand

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Scooter resto's always have had limited stocks, so no change there I think. As for the other outlets, Paul you may be right. I have no sympathy with the dealers though probably a little contempt. I dislike the way the Luna range of parts seems easy pickings to hike up the prices, so they sell slowly and are not top of the list to remake or re order. Some of the rubber trim/mats prices are outrageous and don't get me started on rear shockers. If they couldn't be made within reasonable costs, they simply wouldn't be produced for fear of them sticking on shop shelves. So I don't see how our parts are so dear. If whoever makes the parts wanted to produce items that would sell regardless they would be looking at light rims, headlight units, exhausts not floormats for £43 or a kickstart rubber for £5 plus postage, Rant over.

Looks like we are all going to be buying the last bits or buying scooters just to break them for the parts.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Parts availability Empty Parts Availability

Post  Admin Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:25 am

Parts availability has always been an issue. For lunatics the quest has always been to find NOS original parts as these always fit better. However, some parts were re-made and we have bought them, stocks as people have said have always been low, I think if you look at the J Range and the Luna line both aren't seen as high earners by dealers or manufacturers as they're not models that everyone wants. I reckon if they actually made some new items like light rims, exhausts we'd buy them just to have spares for replacement when the originals fail. Doesn't look like anyone thinks we're a serious market Sad 
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri May 02, 2014 4:54 am

I dont think its the dealers that set the high prices for Vega parts - they all charge roughly the same so it must come from the supplier - otherwise if I was a dealer i would undercut to oppo and clean up. Casa are only supplier and I guess they charge a high price as they sales amounts are so low that would be the only way to make it worth while for them.

Knowing (thinking) this does not make it any easier paying for the parts though.

As for light rims I can only guess that they are very difficult to replicate well or someone would remake some considering how much they go for.

I still need one Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum