LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non-Lambretta Italian Woes.

2 posters

Go down

Non-Lambretta Italian Woes. Empty Non-Lambretta Italian Woes.

Post  Vega-Gordon Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 am

Last Thursday my five year old 84K Fiat Punto blew its engine unexpectedly Sad My garage is currently awaiting the arrival of a replacement block and head, bought sight unseen via the internet for £420. Fitting will be another £450. If the engine is OK (and it is supposed to have a 3 month guarantee) I will hopefully escape the £1800 plus fitting that the garage charged the last Punto blow-up owner.

The car is the 1.3 90bhp Multijet and the issue (apparently) is the failure of the timing chain tensioner, which isn't covered in the maintenance schedules. This is covered in detail on the Punto forums, which I read after the event.

So any Punto owners out there might want to bear this in mind when you go for a service (which I just had). My friend Dave has a Fiat 500 with the same engine, which has done 130K without problems, so it may be any issue around the year of manufacture. I'll let you know how I get on. affraid
Vega-Gordon
Vega-Gordon

Back to top Go down

Non-Lambretta Italian Woes. Empty car poo

Post  itsjoeyfontane Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:29 pm

..wrong club...try fiatforum......
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Non-Lambretta Italian Woes. Empty Sorry, but I think you missed the point...

Post  Vega-Gordon Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 pm

I know I'm banging on about my Fiat problem, but all I'm doing is communicating an "issue" with Fiat Diesel Multijet engines, it might help someone avoid an expensive rebuild. For a long time when I was involved with scooter clubs I tried to teach/help people about maintenance and how to fix things yourself, the habit hasn't worn off.
Vega-Gordon
Vega-Gordon

Back to top Go down

Non-Lambretta Italian Woes. Empty Re: Non-Lambretta Italian Woes.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum