LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chiselspeed

+2
Thackers
NIGE
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

chiselspeed Empty chiselspeed

Post  NIGE Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:41 pm

i am taking BARREL AND HEAD TO CHISELSPEED TOMORROW THEY ARE DOING ME 130/135 CC A PROPER PISTON PORT YAMAHA PISTON . REPROFILED HEAD.PACKER PLATE.TUNNED BARREL .I WILL HAVE TO WAIT A FEW WEEKS BEFORE I GET ALL BACK CANT WAIT SHOULD BE GOOD .BUT SCOOT IS IN BITS NOW. I WAS GOING TO REPAINT SCOOT MYSELF BUT JUST TO BUSY AT WORK .SO I AM TAKING IT TO A SPECALIST I KNOW WHO AS REPAINTED A LOT OF FAMOUS VINTAGE RACING BIKES. I DREAD TO THINK HOW MUCH IT WILL HAVE COST BY THE TIME IT IS FINISHED .WORTH IT THOUGH.
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

chiselspeed Empty Re: chiselspeed

Post  Thackers Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:49 pm

I hope they dont do it like mine, i have to place extra washers under the spark plug to stop it striking the piston Embarassed
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:54 pm

CHEERS THACKERS I WILL MENTION THAT. I USED TO RACE MINIS A FEW YEARS AGO I HAD TO DO THAT WITH SOME OF THOUGHS. ESPECIALY 9500 RPM 1 LITRE ENGINES
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  wack 63 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I have a thick copper washer under the plug washer as well to stop the piston hitting.

wack 63

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:39 pm

IS THE PISTON CROWN HIGHER. OR HEAD AS HAD A LOT SKIMMED OF IT .DO YOU KNOW COMPRESION RATIO.IF COMPRESION IS QUITE HIGH .HIGH GRADE FUEL IS BEST V MAX ETC .WHAT PLUG ARE YOU BOTH USING.CHEERS .I AM HAVING A LI HEAD DONE AT MOMENT ASWELL BUT WILL NOT TRY IT YET
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 am

after a long time .i managed to pick up my 130 135 conversion from chiselspeed .i think actual cc is 132cc .must say a very nice job. exhaust port is kin huge .i have a piston ported yam piston.i have compared it to my ebay one there is a bit of a difference.proper yam one is shorter and gudgeon pin height is also different .quality is better but cost 3 times the amount.martin also managed to match up a small block mb inlet manifold .which is ideal if you want to try larger carbs than 25mm .they also sorted me with all gaskets and a 2mm packing plate and a mean looking leg burner exhaust .fitting next week .will let you know what happens
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Rock and roll. Sounds ace! Twisted Evil
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewilly Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 pm

I wish you lots of luck NIGE but I once took my exhaust port up !/2mm after being told not
2 do it by Ken H of L.C.UK, an lost 10MPH as A result Rolling Eyes
If your using a 59mm piston, then yes, it is 132cc Wink
Sounds like we'll be able 2 have that race soon now m8 ha ha

littlewilly

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 am

90 mph is ok instead of 100mph Razz race ya Very Happy
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 am

You going to have it "dynoed" then Nige? Or did Martin give you the jetting details etc ? It would be good to see a photo of this mean machine, if your quick, quick quick i might have to see about getting mine re-tuned. How many others have the "large" cc tune lol! on their Vegas?
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:25 am

hi thackers will try and post some pictures soon.will take scoot back to chisel to get it dynoed and maybe get martin to put variotronic on it while it is there .he as sorted me with jets etc as a starting point.by the way the piston as a silver top ring and like a teflon type bottom ring .if it turns out to be quick quick it will probably spit me of the back
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewilly Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 am

It'z a date-m8 and I'll SAY A LITTLE PRAYER 4 U2 m8 Razz lol

littlewilly

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 am

i am hoping to do elvington next year .which would be great .even better if there were a gang of lunas 50 .75s .80s 125s 130s what ever .it would be a laugh .look at joeyfontane he as go at numerous things.bring it on Smile
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

If that's a date i'll have to start dieting, and perhaps loose a limb Rolling Eyes Ive not used mine at all this year since Y.S.A York. I haven't really run mine in yet, but whenever i do get on it i end up forgetting this and giving it a good handfull, not all the time but enough to be pushing my luck Sad Sad like the time i'd not long got it back from the dyno and sat full throttle until the headlight bulb rattled loose and the leggy toolbox ended up on my feet Shocked Shocked Mad Mad clown
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewilly Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

yeah'p I'd be up 4 that if we can have a towing the lambretta class -
you could bring your mini and I'm sure I could find something
-appropriate Twisted Evil lol

littlewilly

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 pm

just going off track, the guy who was next to chiselspeed (might still be) was pete richardson, he used to do mini's, prior to that his bussiness was called compertition scooters, that was in leeds.
he rebuilt my mates pk50 motor with a full top end and bottom end tune, lightened flywheel, reedvalve, 20mm carb, it used to sit at a genuine 60mph all day Twisted Evil
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewilly Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:30 pm

A shame that it's gone then, sounds like he k-new was doing.
such a very rare thing these days unfortunately Sad

littlewilly

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 pm

thats quick daz. a mate of mine years ago had a restricted vpa 50 and he messed around with his a bit .diy tuned and i think he got his up to nearly 50mph .i used to race minis .the guys name does not ring a bell.but there are plenty of skilled people out there who are good and they do it for there own thing.i have always been into making the under dog go a bit
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:15 pm

when i say next to chiselspeed, i mean where it is currently located, i remember when chiselspeed used to be under the railway arches in leeds then moved into the old dyrospeed shop.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm

i have noticed though that nearly all of the top tuning companies are yorkshire based.must be in the blood
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewilly Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 pm

NIGE wrote:i have noticed though that nearly all of the top tuning companies are yorkshire based.must be in the blood

ho ho boys do i detect a bit of ganging-up here, I can name @ least 50 of the worlds top
race tuning companies within 75 miles of our doorstep @ Egham not to mention 1000's of
skilled personnel and that's why we're based here and the rest of the world keeps bitching
about it in the racing mags. Or are we talking about semi pro's under the railway arches Razz

Sorry Nige you asked 4 that one m8 lol - but more seriously I think most enthusiasts seem
2 be up there, in that aria these days though, most of the small engineering shops are gone
from down here, 4 those little jobs you could once have got done easily and cheap unfortunately.
premises prices have a lot 2 do with it of-course.

littlewilly

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:57 am

what i meant was in the scooter and bike world.i know in car tuning there are lots of companies spread all over the place.i have a customer who used to race in a british and european bike championship until quite recent and he told me that most of the guys had an engine builder tuner somewhere in yorkshire
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewilly Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:57 am

yeah'p it does seem 2 be the trend over the years 4 bikes it always has been I think Nige.
You can try using liner springs, gives you twice the number of springs but you must get
the hight right. they need to be cut a little longer.
I use Vincent liner springs in my SX never get any slip on a 4 plate but lighter one's may
well do 4 a Vega though, you may also have to use washers in the locating cups.

littlewilly

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 pm

ha ha .ho.double drat.i have it all together worked my socks of today .new coil .carb etc.bloody no spark i ran out of time.i have to work tonight.i will have to check new wireing and earth points.i am crap with electrics Crying or Very sad
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:28 pm

i am on cloud 9. got it runniing today .sounds kin ace .i think its going to be a rever and a front wheel lifting little beast .bring it on whilly Laughing Laughing
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next