LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INLET MANIFOLD

+2
daz.h
NIGE
6 posters

Go down

INLET MANIFOLD Empty INLET MANIFOLD

Post  NIGE Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:23 am

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A ROYSPEED INLET MANIFOLD.DAZ HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ONE FOR A VEGA
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

INLET MANIFOLD Empty Re: INLET MANIFOLD

Post  daz.h Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:17 pm

not seen or hear of one, i have seen a article some years ago on the rafferty newman 5 port cylinder, but thats about it.
i was lookining forward to stripping my original cometa down as it had two original wildcat decals on it, how miffed was i to find it was a bog standard cylinder.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:23 pm

IF ONLY DAZ THE HOLY GRAIL .YOU NEVER KNOW THAT 5 PORT CYLINDER MIGHT STILL BE AROUND
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:53 pm

have you got one bounce
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:23 pm

no i wish.but when i have completed vega .i will be seeing some one about creating a replica as i have a couple 125 barrels .but you will have to fit it to one of your engines first just incase it self destructs
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:25 pm

innocenti-71 on this board i belive knows tino , who produces the monza, imola etc etc cylinders he also (again i think) produced the 80cc alloy vega kit.
i'm surprised he has not produced a bigger kit for the cento and starstream to use, ao, and of course us Very Happy
i did ask mark broadhurst about tuning some cylinders but he flatly refused Sad

geoff stevens did the 5 port 125cc cylinders for rafferty newman, and also a 75cc, not sure if that was 5 port though.
i think he ended up working for allstyles.
some great pics below.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.tooley/Dave%20Tooley%27s%20Scooter%20Racing%20Photo%20Page5.htm
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 pm

just my cup of tea daz love the old stuff .mark broadhurst would not have said that 25 years ago would he .whats his problem. easy stuff for him to do and its also easy money for him .geof stephens is worth a try daz
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:13 am

Hi Guys, i wonder if the bloke who tuned my 125 cyl could do this 5 port tune up, Mick Abbey has a reputation as a 2 stroke tuner and he did do a good job on mine, i know last time i spoke to him about the reed valve (which i still haven't moved on Embarassed ) he was keen on developing an exhaust to further improve my engine. It makes you think though how far can you push these little machines.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 am

hi thackers i think i am going to get mick abbey to do my barrel .it is a nos starstream .hens teeth. so its got to go to the right person.the style of your exhaust looks good but i do not like end can jobs on vegas .i think if some one produced cranks and modified barrels they would sell
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:18 am

It's a Starstream that he did for me 9.5bhp on dyno if memory serves, i have another cyl and head which i was hoping to do the reed valve on, i have the parts except the piston. My exhaust is a old Kegra racing pipe from years ago it doesn't have a end can as such but you can take out the wadding from the end via a large circlip and it joins to the manifold in front of the main beam. I think i got lucky as it came with the bike when i got it . Mick has all the details of mine in his journal so will know where to start from. You going for monster cc's?
I don't know what the old racers like in the link had tune wise but they look to be fast, any ideas
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:40 am

HI THACKERS THATS PRETTY GOOD POWER.WHAT IS THE ACCELERATION LIKE.I AM NOT GOING FOR MONSTER CC.I AM LOOKING FOR A 57.0 PISTON I DO NOT MIND GOING SLIGHTLY BIGGER.WHAT LEVEL OF TUNE WOULD YOU SAY YOUR CYL IS.SOME OF THE OLD RACE BIKES WHERE QUICK I BELIEVE.MOST OF THEM USED STANDARD MODIFIED EXHAUSTS.LOOK AT THE RONALD VEGA HOW FAST.WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT ITS ENGINE.IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEBODY GAVE US SPECS ON THESE TYPE OF BIKES.A LOT OF VEGAS WERE TUNNED AND RACED PROBABLY MORE VEGAS ON RACE TRACKS THAN ON THE ROAD.SO THERE MUST BE PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE KNOW.I MIGHT START VISITING SOME OLD FOLKS HOMES. Razz
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Innocenti-71 Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:52 am

Just this week I've spoken again with Tino about a 125/140cc Vega barrel (again).
I'll keep boring him with this issue but up to now he thinks that there will be no market for it.
Anyway he just remade the kickstarter shafts für Lui50 so I hope it will only be a qustion of time until he ends up with the cylinders.

If anybody could supply a inlet/outlet diagram or a photo of a tuned barrel (...5port...) that would make the whole thing much easier since engineering time would be less than starting from blank paper.

The actual 75cc kit is from Parmakit/Casa Lambretta. Unfortunately they didn't worry too much about improving the original layout and simply copied the Vega barrel in alloy. Including the iron barrel piston clearance scratch
Selling at less than 200€ incl head, piston, barrel and gaskets it's really cheap so I wonder if there's still a market for more...
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

http://www.lambretta-club-deutschland.de

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 am

hi may be the way to go is a modified version of the vespa 130 parma kit .a guy in germany has fitted one to a starstream it is very neat .16odd hp .a vega will be going down the road on one wheel .the parma kit would be a lot easier to produce. do you think.vega 130 ts1.130 monza. 130 imola. Twisted Evil Very Happy
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:59 pm

i have had another look at this parma kit. i am not a 2 stroke tuner.it says it needs to be used with a 51mm stroke .a starstream crank is 48mm but if you use a tzr piston that alters it .am i correct possibly by 2mm which puts it close to what is needed.surely 1mm could be lost of barrel .
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 pm

NIGE wrote:i have had another look at this parma kit. i am not a 2 stroke tuner.it says it needs to be used with a 51mm stroke .a starstream crank is 48mm but if you use a tzr piston that alters it .am i correct possibly by 2mm which puts it close to what is needed.surely 1mm could be lost of barrel .

i was thinking parma 135 kit as another option, i am tea5ive by the way.

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18915

and if money was no problem a falc 135 kit.

stud spacing mods and rod changes would be needed for both conversions, also inlet manifold and exhaust . oh and dont forget bothe are center plug heads so either new heads or frame buchery . cheers simon . ps i think this thread needs to be moved to tuning and conversions.....daz. cheers simon
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:16 pm

last time i spoke to martin at chiselspeed he mentioned using a vega cylinder kit, there is apparently a few that can have a blanking plate removed on the cylinder in order for carb to be fitted there rather than crankcase.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:36 am

This may be a stupid question but if you put those kits on a vega wouldn't you just have loads of problems else where, like the clutch, or maybe the bit that sits below the clutch before the gearbox which only has four studs (cant think of its name for the life of me Embarassed ). Casings tend to crack around the stud holes?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Innocenti-71 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 am

Snails wrote:This may be a stupid question but if you put those kits on a vega wouldn't you just have loads of problems else where...
Yeah - that's great since it keeps us busy to develop new solutions that create new problems again.
Otherwise life would be boring and we all would ride Vespas.

Now it's up to you to decide.
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

http://www.lambretta-club-deutschland.de

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:06 pm

development is sometimes needed. push the envelope.fresh ideas can be a good thing.doing this conversion would have to be done right and if and when done would be a learning curve and if turned out all right .a few people would have it done.i will try and start a conversion when i have completed scooter not until then.i would probably buy a second hand malossi 133 kit to begin with and go from there
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

INLET MANIFOLD 398551_10150496797092428_641257427_9260071_1610045456_n
INLET MANIFOLD 384108_10150496795662428_641257427_9260067_1913142440_n
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm

tuning reference is in ken herlingshaws tuning manual.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Snails wrote:This may be a stupid question but if you put those kits on a vega wouldn't you just have loads of problems else where, like the clutch, or maybe the bit that sits below the clutch before the gearbox which only has four studs (cant think of its name for the life of me Embarassed ). Casings tend to crack around the stud holes?
end plate?
youre quite right snails the end plate has always been a week point, but its nothing that can not be overcome, i built a engine some years ago for a guy, and all looked spot on, it was not until the casing had been polished did it show up the crack, it had previously been vapour blasted and no crack was visable.
my mate groved out the crack and welded it up, and also put more weld around the external part of the lug for extra support.
the thread had to be tidied up again after welding, but it was better than new.

as for clutch slip i have yet to come across this, but no doubt pushing that power it will happen, as possibly so will single row chain failure.

all fun and games........... oh and expense pale
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah end plate that's it. I suppose it is all part of the fun. Don't think I will go down that path after the time its taken me to my Lui conversion!
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  NIGE Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 am

I HAVE THAT BOOK .GOOD READ. JUST DOES NOT GIVE QUITE ENOUGH INFO .LIKE THE WILDCAT BIT YOU HAVE. I HAVE JUST ORDERD A NEW PISTON .I HAVE CHECKED DIMENSIONS AND IN THEORY SHOULD FIT .IT IS A SUZUKI 125 TSER PISTON .BECAUSE I AM USING A NEW CYLINDER I DO NOT WANT TO BORE IT OUT TO MUCH.I THINK THE BORE WILL END UP BEING 57.5.THE PISTON IS A OEP PART NONE REED TYPE.I AM ALSO LOOKING INTO DOING LI OR GP 150 HEAD CONVERSION .AS ANY OF YOU DONE IT.CHEERS
NIGE
NIGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum