LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap)

+3
daz.h
Snails
lammievega
7 posters

Go down

headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap) Empty headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap)

Post  lammievega Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:52 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for the 2 clamps that sit either side of the fork stem inside the headset bottom. I have the allen key bolt but it's rather useless without the clamps. I've tried everywhere to no avail Sad .

I'm also after the rear brake lever complete that attaches to the cam, and one brake pin to hold the front brake shoes in place.

Does anyone have these as a spare kicking about? I'm willing to either buy or swap.

I have available:

brand new never used 'Lambretta' headset badge (sits at the back of the headset)

lui 50 side casing

vega gear adjuster block (just the block) that sits on top of the engine casing.

Cheers,

Jim
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap) Empty Re: headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap)

Post  Snails Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:26 am

I think that theres a eBay listing with two rear brake mechanisms on at the moment. Can't help with the rest sorry.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap) Empty Re: headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap)

Post  lammievega Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:46 pm

No worries. I'm sure these bits will turn up eventually Cool
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 pm

certainly dont have the fork clamp, but wil look to see if i have other parts.
daz
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  lammievega Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Cheers for taking a look Daz Smile

Still waiting on Jem for other bits and bobs so hopefully get back on track with this 'rusteration' but this is certainly the hardest so far! Mad

Just wish i didn't give away all my spares a few years ago. I thought i'd never do a luna again but the bug took hold haha!
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:13 pm

got this jim, any good to you?
headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap) Rearbrakeclamp
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  lammievega Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:36 pm

wow! That's fantastic Daz... yes it's just what i need Very Happy

What do you want to do? I could send you paypal payment or swap for anything above.
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm

lammievega wrote:wow! That's fantastic Daz... yes it's just what i need Very Happy

What do you want to do? I could send you paypal payment or swap for anything above.
jim,
its not totally complete, the nut is missing at the back of the bolt, i'm sure i will have one around its just finding one, it wont be chromed though.

they are a fine m8 thread, so not just any nut will do Rolling Eyes
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  lammievega Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks for letting me know Daz. I might have one amongst the miriad of nuts and bolts that i've accumulated over the years but the most important bits are there Smile
Let me know what you want. Either pm or text me. Cheers for helping out Very Happy
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 pm

are you still after anything. I have most of those bits.

Siobhan
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

http://www.lammiedrive.org.au

Back to top Go down

headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap) Empty nearly there...

Post  lammievega Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:28 pm

I've now just about bought everything i need now for the Cometa... oh apart from the 'dog bone' for the exhaust and the speedo retainer in the headset. Can't seem to find either of these anywhere Sad.
I've nearly had to remortgage the house for this little baby lol!!! It'll be worth the effort in the end Smile
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Ive seen one of those dog bone things on ebay, hang on a minute while i look
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap) Empty cheers :)

Post  lammievega Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Cheers for the pointer, Thackers Very Happy
I'll have a bid and see how i get on Cool
lammievega
lammievega

Back to top Go down

Post  siobhanellis Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:07 pm

I've got both parts.
siobhanellis
siobhanellis

http://www.lammiedrive.org.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:06 pm

I have a NOS dog bone for the exhaust if you need one.

Im still after the two spring clips tht go in the headset behing the light and the two cable guides that fit to the front mudguard behind the forks, for the speedo and front brake cable to run through.

Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Staffy, i dont know if this photo helps but the cable guides you need wouldn't take much making up. A strip of stainless twisted and brought over on the ends are all they are really
headset clamp and other bits wanted (will buy or swap) P1080146
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  wack 63 Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:18 pm

I have no idea where I got mine from but they must be remade as they're stainless.

wack 63

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:07 am

Can't find any anywhere so still hopeful that someone has one somewhere
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:02 am

Some on eBay now
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 pm

yes mate, been watching them, tried to but them before bidding started bt no joy so will see how they go.

I know its a long shot but don't want to bid against anyone on here that isn't in real need for them as i am so would help if nobody pushed the price up Wink
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:10 pm

I got mine from Jem here you go JS 254
http://www.lunabase.co.uk/parts_jem.php
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Cheers, tried Jem a few times over the last few months and no joy so watching these with interest to fifnish mine off
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum