LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much, give over

4 posters

Go down

How much, give over Empty How much, give over

Post  Thackers Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:28 pm

I dont know about you but i'd stand the drop of York before i paid out on items priced like these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orig-Lambretta-Vega-Luna-Line-Chrome-Kick-Start-N-O-S-/160615024140?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item256566c60c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Lambretta-VEGA-Luna-Line-Headlight-Unit-20860040-/160615046801?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2565671e91

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lambretta-VEGA-Luna-Line-Orig-46-8-BORGO-Piston-Kit-/200627032904?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2eb64d9348

I dont care how rare they may claim to be. The Luna range will never be popular enough to warrant money like that. These sort of over inflated prices will mean less and less Lunas in existance as they will be broken and sold for parts ,or is it just me that feel's this? Evil or Very Mad
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

How much, give over Empty Re: How much, give over

Post  daz.h Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:45 pm

i did chuckle at the piston price, borgo, were never the best quality, and its around twice the price of a newly made item, which has probably been made with better alloys, closer tollerances etc.

oh, B.T.W happy birthday young man king
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:51 am

Madness. I never looked at it that way, about encouraging people to brake up scoots.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

How much, give over Empty chat

Post  joeyfont Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

well some one will pay it as they're not making them any more...someones making a living running a business...makes that £10 find more enjoyable....what sort of car do you drive ? have you priced up a new head light off the shelf lately...

not avin a go just my thoughts...enjoy!

joeyfont

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Buying a headlight for a modern car.........well you shop around dont you? Some of these items are no longer made some are. What has to be remembered is that at those prices it wouldn't be un-heard of to buy a luna for the parts needed then the rest sold off or hidden away never to be put back together as a complete machine. That's the biggest problem, the other is that the luna range wasn't the biggest production line, they couldn't give them away how many have been scrapped is anyones guess and crazy prices like those wont bring a single one back. Plus the monitary value just isn't there on this range of scooters, how much would it cost to build a factory resto using parts from them? Thousands and you would struggle to get half back plus it pushes the second hand parts market out of sync for what Lunas are to those needing parts.
Someone needs to tell them there's a recession still on,
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:09 pm

joeyfont wrote:
well some one will pay it as they're not making them any more...someones making a living running a business...makes that £10 find more enjoyable....what sort of car do you drive ? have you priced up a new head light off the shelf lately...

not avin a go just my thoughts...enjoy!
N reg Mazda 323 'fastback'. 108000 miles on the clock. Parts are quite cheap. Razz
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  zefarelly Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:11 am

I bought the Borgo piston and I thought it was a good price, not cheap, but fair, its complete, its new, and perfect and better quality than anything else around.

more to the point I have a honed perfect barrel axactly that size which I spent hours porting and polishing . . . . its taken over a year to find the right size and its no fucking good without a piston.

compared to the race engines I build its peanuts cheap. I don't care what the scooters worth, the Luistream 125 is faster than most of the mincing old mods round here's LI's/TV's, its infinitely more usable and stylish than any other paddock scooter I've seen, I may take it to the revival in Sept and use it there.

£150 for a headlamps quite steep, I restored a £10 job for nothing, no rim yet though!
zefarelly
zefarelly

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down