LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casa 75cc kit

2 posters

Go down

Casa 75cc kit Empty Casa 75cc kit

Post  db1967 Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:18 am

Hi all, just about to purchase my first lambretta Luna line Lui 50 & I'm thinking of fitting one of the Casa 75cc sometime in the future & basically just need to know what other engine upgrades I will require. thanks in advance. regards.  Darren

db1967

Back to top Go down

Casa 75cc kit Empty Re: Casa 75cc kit

Post  Thackers Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi, not too sure on the 75cc kit being a worthwhile upgrade myself. I think it will give you max speed of around 40mph. The cost of the kit and other items needed to make it all come together for such a small gain might be better spent on the 135cc kit. Or buying a J range engine and either swapping the internals (only into a vega casing) or buying the adaptor for the rear shock mount, so 100cc or 125cc engine can be directly fitted. Either way it will be a big spend.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  db1967 Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:48 pm

Hi Thackers, thanks for your reply 👍 its certainly given me food for thought 🙂 my main intention for now is to just buzz round on it locally & maybe upgrade in the future, I do have another question though, would one of the Casa maxi lui sports exhausts (Torbay lambretta sell these at about £138) be of any benefit? sorry for all the daft questions! Lol! thanks in advance regards Darren

db1967

Thackers likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:32 am

Hi Darren, i'm not too sure as i have an old school 135 conversion. I'm sure you've experienced with scooters in the past that one tuned part needs another to make it all come together, so kit, carb, pipe complete a "circuit" I think i've seen your post on facebook asking the same question, all i could say if you get nothing from there advice wise ( often the case when performance is the question) would be to ring Mike at Torbay Lambretta. He seems to be a good sort and will talk on the phone and has an excellent grip on Luna's.
Good luck with the tuning, and ask away wherever you can and of course on here, it can be slow though.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  db1967 Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:03 am

Hi, Thackers thanks again for your quick reply & info, I'm basically just looking at all the options before I make any decisions on what kit or engine upgrade to go for 👍 I use Torbay lambretta quite often & yes, Mike is very helpful & informative 👍 I've already ordered a few small Lui bits from him 😉 I agree about Facebook, it's good for some things & I've found you just have to filter through the bullsh*t ! Lol! I will continue to post on here as your responses are always quick & to the point 👍 thanks again regards Darren

db1967

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum