LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over winter tip

2 posters

Go down

Over winter tip Empty Over winter tip

Post  Thackers Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:38 am

Now, I'll admit this might come across a little on the pepe side but might be of interest
Like most I don't ride in the winter months so after giving the Scoots the one over mechanical wise I protect them from chrome killing moisture. (I know chrome wont get.....)
Simple and cheap. From eBay I buy a super king mattress storage bag and a 500 Gram or 1kg bag of silica crystals, and if you really want to go to town a hygrometer again from eBay. The bag will have a few mandatory holes in, just use sticky tape to deal then up. Then carefully wheel the scoot in put the silica somewhere in the bag along with the hygrometer where you can see it. Then vacuum the air out twist the bag round the nozzle until it's almost sucked all the air out quickly remove the nozzle and seal it up with a zip tie. Job sorted. It will stay clean and dry throughout winter safe from any moisture.
Cost will be around £6 -£7 for the bag and similar for the silica. The hygrometer around £4-£5.

Over winter tip DSC-0676
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Over winter tip Empty Re: Over winter tip

Post  Snails Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:40 am

That's a good idea! Not of much use for me a feel as I usually (always) have a list of jobs to do to all my scooters - although if I was better organised, or perhaps less optimistic regarding time scales needed for some of the jobs I could plan it it

I might use something similar for protecting my welder though - it been at the back of my mind but not something I've concentrated on yet - as too busy sorting my Luna forks out!
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:43 am

I forgot to say the scoot must be totally dry before going into storage.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down