LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future of the Forum

4 posters

Go down

Future of the Forum Empty Future of the Forum

Post  Admin Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:06 am

I've been thinking long and hard about whether we keep this forum. Many people use Facebook and that seems to be the easiest way for folk to share information and images BUT I am mindful that the FB page is not the home of the Luna Owners Club - this is and there is an awful lot of information on here.

Can I have some thoughts on whether we keep this forum or not.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Future of the Forum Empty Re: Future of the Forum

Post  Thackers Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:57 pm

Please, please dont let this gem of a information home dissapear. Facebook is only a passing comment with no soul and little heart.
If there were a easy way to post photos, pics, scans i would use it more.
I usually check in daily but it feels empty. If you do choose to terminate the site can it be stored or the data saved? There's loads of better things on these pages that the facebook place could never have.
I try to prompt folk on FB to come here for the information they seek and believe it or not only the other day i had a thread ready to post with a semi rant that its here you should be if you claim to be in the Luna Owners Club , but backed off as it's all to easy to put noses out of joint over there.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  storkfoot Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:49 am

I’d love to say keep it but the sheer level of inactivity is disheartening. I have had several questions recently relating to an engine build. I just put them straight on Facebook as I suspected I had a fair chance of getting a response on the same day. I was right whereas, if I had posted on here, I wouldn’t have.
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:38 am

I've decided that the forum will stay, as thackers says there is a lot of information on here. Whilst FB is quick it has no longevity and posts come and go in such quick succession.

I'll have a look at the sections and see if anything needs changing or updating but for the foreseeable future - the Forum stays.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Great news!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Im on the lookout for a photo hosting app that will upload onto the forum. If anyone has  any recommendations please shout up Cool
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Future of the Forum Empty Forum

Post  Admin Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:15 am

Thackers I'll have a look as well and see what can be done to improve that part of the forum
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:01 am

I'm glad its staying, if just for the history
Unfortunately it looks like most forums have had their day, so its not just a problem for us and our very niche love of Luna's
I do try to check on it (and post when I have something that might be interesting) but it is slow and the number of users being so low if you do have a question the number of contrasting views is limited as well.
I do agree that this does offer the advanatage of actually being a LOC site where as the FB group is not

Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:42 am

This forum will stay and I know what you mean about low numbers of visitors and FB being the choice for many. Its rather akin to the argument about printed magazines versus online material. I prefer a printed magazine and if it takes time for stuff to get there then so be it.

This site is the home of the LOC and whilst the FB page is OK its not ours and I never set it up (even though some folk think I did).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:27 am

It always amazes and saddens me at the same time how many members there claim to be with nothing from them at all until it's sticker or freebie time.
Perhaps an idea on the forum might be to clear some things out that clutter it up a bit. Like on the chat section new posts are quite a way down and easy to overlook
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:49 pm

Dave - I'll have a look through and make any new items sticky so they appear near the top
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum