LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine mount removal / replacements

5 posters

Go down

Engine mount removal / replacements Empty Engine mount removal / replacements

Post  zefarelly Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 am

I've got a Lui casing with mounts in it and I owe Snails a pair from the vega casing he sold me

I can't get my head round why anyone would remove them unless thay fail, but, as there's no replacements available ( I haven't looked that hard ) I was looking at removing the ones in the spare Lui case I have . . .

They're obviously pressed in, ans there's a slot in the back of the casing which would allow a small surface to press on the outer edge ( obviously anything else will just rip the mount to bits ) excessive heats out of the question because of the rubber, resorting to lumping it one will break the casing and there's no way of getting it all in the flypress because of the opposing mount.

I think it needs a threaded tool making, has anyone done this? got any tips or hints?

there's probably a mount of sorts available somewhere, I know someone who could make poly ones but there's going to be minimal if any demand for them?
zefarelly
zefarelly

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Engine mount removal / replacements Empty Re: Engine mount removal / replacements

Post  daz.h Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:25 pm

there is a special tool, to remove them, but i have only ever seen a diagram of one.
scooter restoration did have some bushes, but looking today seem to have sold out, and only have 16mm mounts, yours will be 14mm.
allstyles had some as did scooter emporium, not sure if these still have any.
ateamlambretta on here has made his own, but he's clever like that Smile
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Engine mount removal / replacements Empty Re: Engine mount removal / replacements

Post  Snails Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks Daz. Guess will have to try them shops in new year. Where did you see the extractor diagram?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:12 pm

scooter restorations have a engine mount bush extractor, but its the 16mm variant.
i have the diagram of the extractor tool in a italian lui workshop manual
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:09 am

I have this from a workshop re-print but no instructions Neutral Engine mount removal / replacements Fp04013
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  littlemoon Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 pm

daz.h wrote:there is a special tool, to remove them, but i have only ever seen a diagram of one.
scooter restoration did have some bushes, but looking today seem to have sold out, and only have 16mm mounts, yours will be 14mm.
allstyles had some as did scooter emporium, not sure if these still have any.
ateamlambretta on here has made his own, but he's clever like that Smile

Smile the mounts i have are from rs components, but i wont be using these ( not reet happy wi em) so instead i will be using the scooter restoration ones i bought last week Wink . 16mm drill straight through the frame and distance peice and a new extra long bolt made Cool
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:02 am

Why are you not happy with the RS Components ones?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  zefarelly Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 pm

It looks to me like the mounts press in and seat on a back (inner) lip, there are 2 small notches in the lip which would necessitate a pegged pulling tool, yu can't get a press in there, and you'll snap the casing if you try and press against the opposite side ( seen that on a GP once)

HAving waffled that, my Lui mounts are no good for snails if @ 14mm whan he wants racy Vega ones at 16mm . . . . .
zefarelly
zefarelly

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh right. I never noticed that difference is between Lui and everything else rather than Luna's and j range. That means scooter restoration may have some. I've called the other places daz mentioned with no luck. Rimini lambretta workshop are pretty confident of finding some but SR are probably cheaper
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:13 pm

lui and vega mounts are 14mm, its only the later indian sunny (jrange) that went to 16mm
paul at scooter restorations is always worth a call, he has a mount extractor but is the 16mm type.

he could possibly get hold of some more 14mm mounts, but if you do call him, tell him your interested in j range flywheels with removable/ bolt in magnets Wink
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Engine mount removal / replacements Empty not happy

Post  littlemoon Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:58 am

Snails wrote:Why are you not happy with the RS Components ones?

the rs ones are not the correct dimension i.e too short so you would have to make a spacer for each side. also the rubber is not bonded to inner and outer steel sleeve. also the amount of rubber, not enough for my liking (ooh er missus ) . but as a last resort you could use them.

as my project is using an engine that i dont think has been used before vibration levels will be an issue hence opting for the sunny mounts.

i think there must be some better options for mounts from classic cars i.e void bushes its just a matter of finding the correct size
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 am

The 16 mm ones at sr are 8 each. They don't have 14 mm.
The sunny stators are 45 if anyone wants one. They are complete 12 v points stators so not much use for those wanting.to do electronic conversion but good if you just wanted better lights.
Just found out that what I thought I had been sold for my electronic conversion is actually a series 3 stator. Now desperate to find a faulty j or Luna stator plate.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 am

Also item 150549078841 on eBay would be what's needed? Think they more than I sold engine case for though.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:03 am

snails, ring paul at scooter restorations, i think he might have some blank j range stator plates.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:30 am

That's what I tried. I didn't actually speak in person but Jeff did go and ask him and they said full stators only. If you speak to him again can you pull him up on it.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:38 am

i wonder if they have sold them all then? jem booth has some also, i belive, if you can get hold of him.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 pm

daz.h wrote:i wonder if they have sold them all then? jem booth has some also, i belive, if you can get hold of him.

Blank stators or engine mounts?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:19 pm

blank stators, possibly engine mounts
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum