LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my reed valve conv

2 posters

Go down

my reed valve conv Empty my reed valve conv

Post  Thackers Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:52 am

i'm still no further forward with my reed block conversion Rolling Eyes Having read the very in depth work being done by Simon (littlemoon) i'm wondering if i'm going to gain anything from the tuning work and if my reed block will be useable. I see simon is going for the LTH block, have they started doing this with 125 stud spacing, i thought i'd done well tracking down a 125 reed block as all i come across is 200 stud spacing.
Perhaps you guys with this work allready done have an opinion on the merits of reed valves (are there any ) i'd be keen to know Simon's view on my proposed parts. Cheers Wink
my reed valve conv P1080637
my reed valve conv P1080639
my reed valve conv P1080645
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

my reed valve conv Empty reed valve

Post  littlemoon Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:53 am

what is the reed valve from, i dont mean the ally bit. i think you will have to look at the mugello's and rapido kits that have had reed conversions to see the pro's and cons as there arnt that many reed j's and luna's. the lth are 150/175 stud spacing as are the mugello cylinders (186cc) but they are slotted on one stud so you can go up to 200 spacing hence being used on mugello's and rapido's. so with a bit more slotting i think the lth would fit a j cylinder. the other benift with the lth is its small size. most modern 2strokes use reeds. with the port layout on the j cylinder i think every other bolt go faster gadget is needed . just the small diameter of the cylinder restricts the the tools you can get in there to do any fancy porting. dont give up dave Wink
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

my reed valve conv Empty lth reed valve

Post  littlemoon Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:32 am

i now have an lth reed valve Cool , and the good news is it fits without any more slotting Very Happy . there is a but... the hole on the reed over laps the inlet on the cylinder, not by much so when i get the cylinder tuned it will no doubt have the inlet opened up . so a packer plate or some devcon on the reed should do the trick. i will put some pics up soon Cool
littlemoon
littlemoon

Back to top Go down

my reed valve conv Empty Re: my reed valve conv

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down