LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers

3 posters

Go down

Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers Empty Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers

Post  Innocenti-71 Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Hmmm...easy to spot: remade and original ones.
Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers P1020276ltj3

The Innocenti badge really has nothing in common with the original ally one:
Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers P1020278ytqc
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

http://www.lambretta-club-deutschland.de

Back to top Go down

Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers Empty Re: Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers

Post  daz.h Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:58 am

unfortunately not everything cassa is spot on, some times you have to make do, there are a few different makers of the i badge, might be wise to shop around.
i have used scoot graphics before when i have wanted stuff remade, and they have always been spot on, the lubematic decals look silver, not chrome type finish and the outside will need trimming down.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers Empty Re: Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers

Post  Innocenti-71 Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:52 am

The Lubematic decals are really not bad if you cut the surrounding - but they're both right ones! cyclops
Apard from the j badge I'm happy with the Casa parts and quite impressed how much is already available.
However the seat cover I purchased at TuttoLambretta since the Casa one didn't feature the "dot" for the release knob. I'll post a picture later.
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Smile just noticed the decal, both been right hand types, i'd have missed it if you had not have said.
there is plenty of stuff been remade now which is good, as people are very reluctant to break machines up for spares now.
i got a seat cover and foam this year, supposedly casa and that did not have the dot for the seat release catch.
it was the poorest fitting seat and foam i had ever bought and went straight back.
my other casa seat and foam had the dot and was a fantastic fit, i think either they changed suppliers, or there are several copies been passed on as cassa items.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 am

Talking of the badge then if anyone has a spare Rolling Eyes Innocenti badge as per the above then let me know (your price paid) as thats the only badge im missing from my original Vega as the other two are thankfully still attached.

I can offer a NOS square Vega legshield badge as part swap etc if you have the badge im missing
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:50 am

i think i might have one staffy, might need rechroming, genuine item, came from my gp200 horn casing.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:51 am

Cheers Daz, if its the right one then PM me a price and i will sort it out Very Happy
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Innocenti-71 Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:38 am

GP j-Badge will not fit Luna Series, since one is plain and the other is curved on the back (IMO, at least the pt/Nr are not the same).
Otherwise it would have been to easy, you never can have enough (different) parts on a Lambretta...

Just back from the workshop to check - somewhat strange...
The original ally Cometa badge doesn't fit on the GP Horncasting 'cause it leaves a gap on both sides (so to get that fitted I would have to bend it quite alot - couldn't close the gap just with "fingers pushing")
Honestly I expected the GP version being plain and the Luna one being curved...now it seems it is the other way round:
Legshield 'j' badges & Lubematic stickers P1020464bhag
(in the pic it's looking like there is a gap in the middle as well which isn't, just couldn't take a better foto)

The remade plastic one fit both scoots (more or less...it is also quite offcentre on the GP horncast, lacking ~1mm on the left. With the alloy one it's OK so the horncast is drilled correctly).
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:00 pm

scratch its strange that two machines produced at the same time should have different badges, to be honest i have not taken that much notice of badge shapes, but on inspection of my original cometa, you are correct Exclamation

staffy the badge i have is obviously from a gp, and no good for you, and looks to be in slighty worse condition to the one above, and feels platic, although probably just cheap alloy, anyway the two small pins have broken off Sad just has the large middle pin, i have looked for a heat guard with narrow holes and sorry to say no luck there either, i was sure i had one as well scratch
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Innocenti-71 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:21 am

When seeing all these "same-same-but-different" parts nowadays we really don't have to wonder why Innocenti doesn't exist anymore!
For the Luna-Line my favourite are the clutch plates: only difference to Li-Series is the diameter by 1mm - no reason at all, especially since it is a component supplied by an external manufacturer, so no sense to purchase a different one instead of increasing the quantity of the standard item.

Great times those days for the engineers!
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:34 am

use j range plates mate, also many other parts that will fit the vega.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Innocenti-71 Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 am

Yes, of course J will fit, what I just wanted to show is that they made different parts when they easily could use the same one, eg. no need to order at Surflex:
2000pcs clutch plates Junior/Lui
8000pcs clutch plates Li (and Lambro)

when they could have an order of 10000pcs of only one Li-type. Technically spoken there was no reason to reduce the diameter by 1mm. So you just end up in more parts, more spare parts at concessionaries, lower purchasing quantities.
That was all I just wanted to show.
Anyway I know that this is too late for Innocenti...

The Cometa for me is the top of this strange politic: why did they fit the Lubematic system to a scoot of the cheap "low end" of the product range? Why didn't they fit it to the GP200? Especially since the GP would consume more petrol/oil and so the system would have made more sense...
Unfortunately we will never know.
Innocenti-71
Innocenti-71

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:51 am

i think they would have got round to fitting lubematic to gp range eventually IF they had carried on, and i'm sure somewhere there will be a protatype.
it was probably only a matter of time till electronic ignition became the norm on all machines.

talking to paul at scooter restorations today and he said when he was in india that he saw a electronic ducati flywheel for the j range / luna, so perhaps they were already undertaking these things when they ceased business.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am

I agree, there had to be things put into production towards the end that were never catalogued or launched due to being sold off so who knows whats still out there tucked away.

Be interesting to know what still exisits and if it's just sat there with nobody knowing what it is somewhere. On the Scooter Restorations not then has Paul ever come across anything recently as he used to have a fair bit but it all got snapped up, has to be more out there somewhere because of the numbers made has to mean lots sitting somewhere
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down