LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cometa Fuel tank: Screw on oil cap

4 posters

Go down

Cometa Fuel tank:  Screw on oil cap Empty Cometa Fuel tank: Screw on oil cap

Post  looney tunes Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:47 am

Hello,
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get hold of one of these.

Thanks,
John.
looney tunes
looney tunes

Back to top Go down

Cometa Fuel tank:  Screw on oil cap Empty Re: Cometa Fuel tank: Screw on oil cap

Post  Snails Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:36 am

Is that any different from a Vega one? I have feeling they are remade, have you looked at Rimini? They tend to stock all the casa stuff first, them and Scoot Restorations
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Cometa Fuel tank:  Screw on oil cap Empty Re: Cometa Fuel tank: Screw on oil cap

Post  looney tunes Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:39 pm

I've searched Rimini, scootopia, scooter restorations, Olympia and can't find one.

John.
looney tunes
looney tunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:15 am

I have a complete Cometa tank with oil reservoir cap. I won't split but would consider a sensible bid for all of it.
Paul.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:50 am

Ah I see, yeah oil reserve of course. No not seen them.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  looney tunes Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:01 am

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the kind offer of the tank.
I managed to get hold of a nos tank though, and as you say I wouldn't want to split yours up.
At the moment though I'm trying to use my cash to buy bits that I'm missing like engine casings, 4 speed gear change , seat a few other bits for the engine internals, and small bits to keep the project ,moving along.

Regards,
John

looney tunes
looney tunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:14 am

John, I've got one more build on the go and when that's finished I'll have quite a lot of parts that I've accumulated over the years for sale. I know I have a Vega engine case, side cases ( one new old stock) gearboxes and more. I think I have a 4 speed gear change surplus to requirements. Anything else you need? I possibly will have a really straight Cometa frame and other bodywork bits. All are excellent. Oh! Hubs and more.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  looney tunes Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:24 am

Hi Paul,
Sounds like you have all the parts I'm missing :-)

Can you PM me so that I can email you where I'm at with the project.
John
looney tunes
looney tunes

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:32 pm

try scooter emporium, they had several that they got of nigel cox, alternatively Siobhan might be able to help, a lot of Cometa's went over to Oz
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  looney tunes Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Thanks Daz,
I hope to be seeing Marco at Kettering parts fair this month, if he's going that is.
Will ask him.

John.
looney tunes
looney tunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down