LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is mine

4 posters

Go down

Here is mine Empty Here is mine

Post  RobG Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:54 am

A pic of mine. Original paint (whats left of it)

Here is mine FQWuvL4

RobG

Back to top Go down

Here is mine Empty Re: Here is mine

Post  Thackers Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:12 am

Yay, you made it. Welcome along nice little Lui there Cool
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 pm

nice machine, is it a 50s? looking at the exhaust and headlight as well as the front mudguard, does it have a rear brake light switch too?
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  RobG Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Yeah, sweedish model. luna Sport according to the VIN plate.

Vega headlight with dip, rear brake light (longer front mudguard)

Unfortunatly, the bolt hole for the pipe is long gone and the pipe is shot so I have fit a standard lui exhaust for the moment. Waiting in anticipation for the "clubman" rimini/casa lambretta are working on.

Idealy, if propper Vega pipes were remade (the one I have is the 50, one piece type) I would go to the trouble of welding up the case.

I have had a bit of a mare sorting this scoot because it seems quite a lot of parts have been made just for this model.

The sweeds could ride these without a numberplate and from 14yrs old.

The inlet manifold is (was  Wink  ) a lot smaller than normal and different gearbox. 2nd and third gears were a lot shorter becaus these wern`t allowed to go faster than 30km/h.

I am now running a 15mm carb, casa/parmakit 75, original lui gears with a drt cluster, and a 15 tooth front sprocket. I`ve also fit a sunny flywheel and stator. Points but with 12v headlight coil that works realy well but the flywheel fins are longer (this is the short fin version btw.) so I either have to mill them down or just fit a j range flywheel cover.

Problem is that it is now overgeared (fine on the flat but not a chance on the hills and we have a few of those). I tried to fit the 13 tooth front sprocket but the 74 link chain is too short and 76 chain too long... I think I have to split the 74 and fit a half link.

RobG

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 am

Nice looking scoot Rob Very Happy
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down