LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Cometa -

4 posters

Go down

My Cometa -  Empty My Cometa -

Post  bjhart Sun May 03, 2015 10:04 am

Here is my Cometa, I have owned it for around 20 years, it was MOT'd last year for the first time in a while to show at a local historic vehicle show.  It is pretty much original although it looks like someone had a go at it before I got it, although it bears a dealer badge on the front mudguard it looks to have had the orange oversprayed with red. It has the original toolbox although the strap has broken, and original filter but has had a repair. It runs lovely but last time out started to lose power on the way home, which I think is down to a leak between the oil and petrol tank.  

Once this is fixed the scooter will be up for sale....any ideas of value?

My Cometa -  IMG_20150503_161601
My Cometa -  IMG_20150503_161305
My Cometa -  IMG_20150503_161718
My Cometa -  IMG_20150503_161614

Last edited by bjhart on Sun May 03, 2015 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to select notification)

bjhart

Back to top Go down

My Cometa -  Empty Re: My Cometa -

Post  Snails Sun May 03, 2015 4:18 pm

You could go on ebay and search completed listing to see some final sale values. It would interesting to see the result. I look at prices quoted now-a-days and compare them to what I thought they were when I bought my Lui and they seem to be surprisingly high.

Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sun May 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Also that reminds me that I really should get mine properly valued. Do the LCGB offer some sort of service in that respect that apparently is better in the event of theft - in terms of getting your money back from the insurer?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  li mick Sun May 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Snails wrote:Also that reminds me that I really should get mine properly valued. Do the LCGB offer some sort of service in that respect that apparently is better in the event of theft - in terms of getting your money back from the insurer?
i have an agreed figure with my insurance for my LI, i sent photos of it being rebuilt from start to finish and they agreed a value.

li mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sun May 03, 2015 4:45 pm

I have agreed value but I've heard that they dont always pay up the agreed value. Not sure why.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

My Cometa -  Empty Cometa

Post  Admin Tue May 12, 2015 5:51 am

Value wise I'd say £2.5-£3k. E-Bay is ok to see what things go for BUT its not a barometer for what something's worth. Ultimately as with any auction its down to what folk will pay and if you have a number of people after the item then a bidding war may ensue. On the other hand you can list it and not get any bids or only one bid. Its the chance you take I guess. Nice looking scooter though - why not list it on here when its done and see if another fellow Luna-tic is interested.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bjhart Tue May 12, 2015 6:31 am

Thanks for your input. I received the tank derust,degrease, deox, coating kit yesterday and plan to apply this over the weekend, It will be a week before it is fully cured, then assuming all is ok I will initially advertise on here and the LCGB site starting at around £1700 to gauge opinion.

Regards
Barry

bjhart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down