LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fork springs removal

4 posters

Go down

Fork springs removal Empty Fork springs removal

Post  storkfoot Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Will it be able to get the springs out without the tool below?

http://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/en/estrattore-per-molle-forcella-junior.html

If so, how please?

Paul
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Fork springs removal Empty Re: Fork springs removal

Post  mickey c Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:58 am

i managed to use a large frame compression tool - I put a bar through the hole for the fork link bolt and wedged the tool up against this. once the rubber buffers were out, it was pretty straightforward.

However I need to put some back in and hope to be using cut down series 3 springs so not sure how effective this method will be or if my powder coating will survive the task. I'll report back.

equally however for £20 the right tool for the job always helps - I'd gladly hire it from you!

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:03 am

I used ratchet straps to compress mine with the addition of lots of masking tape once I'd had mine resprayed.

Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  storkfoot Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad it's possible anyway.

If/when I place a Rimini order, I may add the tool to it but not yet. Just working out finances to see whether I can afford to take it to the painters (before it disappears into the loft for a year or so) if it's straight enough.
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  wack 63 Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Luna links and springs are the same as GP's so no tool needed really,you should be able to hook a ring spanner on the link to remove the lower buffer then lower the link to remove the ball then the link should come out. Easier if the forks are out of the frame but if not get someone to sit on the scoot or ratchet down to a workbench.

wack 63

Back to top Go down

Post  storkfoot Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:52 pm

wack 63 wrote:Luna links and springs are the same as GP's so no tool needed really,you should be able to hook a ring spanner on the link to remove the lower buffer then lower the link to remove the ball then the link should come out. Easier if the forks are out of the frame but if not get someone to sit on the scoot or ratchet down to a workbench.

Even easier. I have a bent ring spanner that has been brought into such service many times in the past.

Cheers Very Happy
storkfoot
storkfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down