LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vega project

+5
Adam Sleight
storkfoot
trotsky
Admin
daz.h
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Vega project - Page 4 Empty Re: Vega project

Post  Snails Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:53 am

I think Mike has all the parts necessary bar the PK electrics David. He's just prevaricating Smile He's even got a pillar drill, which I used to do mine.

One of the hard parts I found with doing the work on the boss was how to keep the punch on top of the rounded rivet head when making the initial punch for the drill to use.

It was quite tricky so I just did my best and the results were a little more sloppy than I wanted because of that so you might want to see if you can find a way to improve on my 'do it as best you can' approach
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Vega project - Page 4 Empty Must have accessory

Post  mickey c Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:02 am

I will have to take ribbing for my horn on the chin so posting a photo!
It does have 5 different noises, my favourite being a bird call! Wink
Vega project - Page 4 Image_zpszm73lmcl

The photo was taken waiting for MOT re test, which it passed! Very Happy needless to say; i'm made up!
It ran pretty well too and managed the trip there & back on the same spark plug - which is a 1st! It had killed 3 brand new plugs in 10 miles until this run! Also ran better  without the air filter so need to look at that!
Good day all round!

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:28 pm

cheers cheers Good work with the MOT .What's that on top of your toolbox? Mine has the 2 round cutouts (yours is the better one ) which I have found a clock to fit and have been thinking about putting something into the other side but haven't come up with an idea for it yet .
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:53 am

Thanks again Thackers, I am really pleased to have finally got to this point and enjoyed building it - I've learned loads! However riding it was even more fun! It was a lovely morning yesterday and so I took a longer route home from the MOT station, I love the handling, pick up is sharp and looking forward to getting tweaked on a dyno after 100 miles!
I filled the forms in and sent everything to DVLA so hoping it does not take long to get it registered and taxed.

The thing on my tool box is just a key switch between the greens & earth - I am never comfortable that anyone could walk past it when parked and start it! The key at least prevents this although granted my 3 year old could nearly pick it up and walk off with it. The key switch has a hinged flap which I think looks quite 'period.' It was only a cheap eBay thing!

As for your other cut out, a nice analogue tacho would love very nice IMHO but also be quite useful. Could you tap into the brown without a full strip down?

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:20 am

Agreed on all points with the key, I fitted mine on the tunnel piece opposite to the steering lock. I've tried loads of ways to fit a rev counter without any luck. This was down to twice buying a unit that A, was completely useless and B, was sold a unit that didn't work so I gave up.
My view is don't buy a cheap one off ebay, and steer clear of the ones made by Koso. Others may work but i'd spent enough on what have become door stops.
I would power one off a "Mod charger" I think it would be the easiest "plug in " way to go
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:35 am

I'll admit I'm biased as I love the one in my vega & Series 2 but the easiest way could be the SIP speedo - the small Vespa or larger Series 2 wound both look good & give u loads of info. The head temp I always find useful but plus trip, accurate speedo & rev counter are all nice to have. Plus if u don't like it, they sell on well, except you will have a big hole to fill with something!

Or you could just go ironic https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190854556608

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Vega project - Page 4 Empty Too legit to quit ...

Post  mickey c Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Great news to report, got home from work to find letter DVLA giving me a registration and tax! Very Happy
I didn't get the two digit no. I asked for but can't have it all!

Meanwhile I have been pressing on with the electronic conversion; well I have dismantled the star stream stator and trying to dismantle the Vega flywheel, its slow progress and not got any rivets out yet but I think I understand now what I'm doing & can get some miles done whilst I plod on!

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Good work, it will be all worth it in the end Cool Cool
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Vega project - Page 4 Empty Luna Project

Post  Admin Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:34 am

Mickey C - great work and great to see another Luna line machine back on the road.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4