LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion

4 posters

Go down

Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion Empty Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion

Post  timthemod Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:37 am

Newby on here!

thinking about doing a basic cc upgrade to 100cc using Cento barrel and piston, is this possible and also are there any downsides?

Also looking at 12v conversion using SIL Sunny stator and flywheel, anyone done this?

Parts from Scooter restorations seen fairly cheap.

Thanks

timthemod

Back to top Go down

Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion Empty Re: Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion

Post  Thackers Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:24 am

Not too sure on the 12v conversion, I think most of these have been done using a lightened flywheel and converted stator using a cdi unit and regulator, mine was done that way.
As for the Cento barrel etc someone on here will tell you if it can be done or not, but I'm doubtful somehow. Have a good look in this section you might find your answers within a post on a different subject. Very Happy
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion Empty Re: Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion

Post  daz.h Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:18 pm

tim, the cento uses a different bigger piston and small end bearing to suit the crank, you can not just put a cento cylinder straight on the vega or lui casings.
the 12v conversion is an ok idea, but vega lights etc are still fine at 6 volt, and I think the stators will still be using points, either get one of the new electronic kits or get jem booth to machine you a af lightweight flywheel and use the parts from a vespa pk stator.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Cento barrel and Piston and 12V conversion Empty cento conversion

Post  itsjoeyfontane Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:34 pm

..bite the bullet and get a Parma 80 kit and lunatronic ignition.....
itsjoeyfontane
itsjoeyfontane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down